Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sylvijan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2013, 04:03 AM
    How to petition for shock probation in Kentucky
    My boyfriend had his probation revoked and was sentenced to serve out his 5 year sentence. He has been trying to contact his public defender to ask what is needed to file for shock probation but she hasn't responded. His final sentencing was over 30 days ago.

Should he write a letter to the judge?
    What does he need to say?
    Does he need to include anything else with the letter?

He has also been accepted into a long term rehab facility and is on their waiting list. It would be a huge setback for him if a bed came open at rehab and he wasn't able to go.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Syl
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Hello Syl:

Since it's AFTER the fact, I don't think there's anything you can do to STOP him from going back to prison... He probably WILL have an opportunity in the future to be released BACK on probation.. That's where I'd concentrate my efforts..

excon

PS> By the way, if he couldn't make it with REGULAR probation, what would possibly make you think he could successfully complete SHOCK probation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is shock probation [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what is shock probation is?

Shock probation regulations [ 1 Answers ]

Guidelines and regulations for shock probation. Proceedures of a probation violation

Kentucky shock probation violation. [ 1 Answers ]

In Kentucky, is a felony shock probation violation handled the same as a regular probation violation?

What other options other than shock probation? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced to 6 years for his 3rd dui.but had been in aa meetings and pre-trial with probation while on the scram program for almost 2 years but was still denied probation what other than shock probation can he eligible for to get out quicker I'm a single mom without a job and I need...

View more questions Search