Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxposte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
    Hard lump on neck
    I have had a hard lump in the middle of my neck for months now. The lump is visibly about the size of a pea. It hasn't grown. it is situated directly in the middle of my neck (above the esophagus) about an inch above where my collar bone sits. It doesn't hurt and is skin colored. If I put my finger on it and swallow it doesn't seem to move.

I have also had a bad cough and wheezing for a few weeks. I have had mild asthma but this has been worse than usual. It is particularly bad when I wake up. I am a smoker but have cut back to 1 or to a day for several weeks now and plan to continue cutting back and quitting entirely.

No other symptoms.

Is this lump a cause for concern? How fast should I see a doctor? What could this be?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 10:14 PM
    There are many possibilities, the scariest being cancer. There's really no way to tell you online what it is. So really, it's up to you when to see a doctor. If it is cancer, the sooner the better. I wouldn't risk it, I'd get it checked right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a lump in my neck [ 1 Answers ]

I I have a lump on the left side of my neck, it is odd shaped and moves around when touched but stats in place, its location, from the back of the ear directly down in the middle ony neck, its been there for a few years, I'm a 15 year old female, I don't have s regular doctor yet so just wondering...

Lump in neck.. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had a swollen lymph node under my jaw now for as long as I can remember. It's gotten bigger over the past 5-6 months, I would say it's about an inch long. It's not rock hard but it is rather firm. The back of my jaw is very tender to touch I've also had extreme fatigue, naseau, and vomiting...

Lump in neck? [ 1 Answers ]

About a month and a half ago, I noticed a lump in the left side of my neck that was really small. I put it down to the cold I had at the time and left it. Today, I was massaging my neck and I noticed the lump has trebled in size, can actually be seen sticking out of my neck and moves when I touch...

Lump on neck [ 12 Answers ]

I noticed it about a month ago. I went to the doctor last week and he said it was an infection from in my mouth. So I went to the dentist yesterday, and he said it was too far back to be from my teeth. I am worried because it seems to be getting bigger, and it is starting to feel tender to...

View more questions Search