Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mynameisninaxo1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 02:01 PM
    I think I might have ocd.
    I'm 10 years old and I think I might have OCD. I was reading a teen magazine and one page was about a girl with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. (OCD). She said "If i tap one finger, I have to tap all my other finger so it is fair and i feel even." That is EXACTLY what I have to do. It's quite annoying because I have to tap my fingers a lot.

I might sound really weird but it's true... I talk to my body sprays and perfumes. "the perfume gang." If I drop one, I have to kiss it to make it feel better and they are in friend groups and everything. They have their own personalities.

I haven't told anyone so please help! xx
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 02:34 PM
    No, this doesn't sound like OCD. If you had read a magazine article about uterine cancer, would you have symptoms of that?

You're only ten. OCD usually begins at a later age, say, late teens or early 20s.

Oct 30, 2013, 01:54 AM
    I have symptoms of uterine cancer?

Oct 30, 2013, 01:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, this doesn't sound like OCD. If you had read a magazine article about uterine cancer, would you have symptoms of that?

You're only ten. OCD usually begins at a later age, say, late teens or early 20s.
    Thank you, but the girl in the magazine was 13. AND I HAVE SYMPTOMS OF UTERINE CANCER? What even in that? Xx

Oct 30, 2013, 01:58 AM
    And I have researched it and most the symptoms do occur to me...
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 08:04 AM
    Diagnosing yourself, especially online, is a fools game. You'll have every symptom in the book for every disorder because you'll be able justify or even morph one symptom into another.

You don't have OCD. You're a growing child. If you REALLY think you have it then talk to your parents about it and get diagnosed. Otherwise you're just grasping at straws, or it might be hypochondria.

Nov 2, 2013, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Diagnosing yourself, especially online, is a fools game. You'll have every symptom in the book for every disorder because you'll be able justify or even morph one symptom into another.

You don't have OCD. You're a growing child. If you REALLY think you have it then talk to your parents about it and get diagnosed. Otherwise you're just grasping at straws, or it might be hypochondria.
    Thank you, please explain what hypotrondria is? X
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisninaxo1 View Post
    Thank you, please explain what hypotrondria is? X
    Hypochondria is when you hear about or read about an illness and its symptoms, you start thinking, "Oh, no, that sounds like something I have."

Hypochondria - MayoClinic.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have OCD, but I'm not sure. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently fifteen, almost sixteen. I'm in High school. Recently, I guess the pasr few month's to a year, I've been having these random thoughts run through my head... I try to control them as best I can, but I can't. The thoughts are sexual, sometimes it's like I'm trying to imagine how a...

I think I might have OCD [ 1 Answers ]

To give some backstory... I've always had this fear of spiders. At the end of last year I moved away for school. Back in March I moved into my own apartment out here and it's the first time I've lived by myself. Since the move I noticed my fear of spiders got worse. A lot worse. It got to a point...

Is it ocd? [ 3 Answers ]

I am constantly playing with my hair, picking at my dead ends. CONSTANTLY. I'm 15 & have and had a lot of stress in my life... so could it be that or OCD? I've been doing it for as long as I can remember, since I was real little.

Do you think you I have OCD? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I have OCD? Well mostly when anybody I know says they are mad at me I freak out never stop thinking about try to fix it no matter what even if I can live without the person when its over but I can't stand haven people mad at me even joking about mad at me I kind of obsess...

View more questions Search