Ask
    claar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 07:49 AM
    Remove black marks from white painted furniture
    How do you remove black rubber marks from white painted furniture
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2013, 08:04 AM
    Try nail polish remover and a small piece of 3M kitchen scrubber pad, and if necessary paint thinner. And if all else fails, paint over it with white paint. Any 'remover' product will smudge it around no matter what. And ruin the 3M pad.
    JohnZotti Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2013, 11:39 PM
    Actually it depends on the type of the paint used on your furniture like oil paint, distemper, plastic PVC paints, polymer paint etc

Furthermore refer the below video resource link for more specific ideas.

How to Remove Stains from Wood Furniture
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 11:42 PM
    Are we talking about the wood, or wannabe wood on the furniture? If so, covering it with another coat of white paint is likely the best option.

Sadly I have heard of people that have painted leather, or other material. If that's the case here, it may be time to replace the furniture.
    Marmotess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 11:28 AM
    I would try gently scrubbing with a magic eraser, (or the generic version from walmart!)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2014, 12:04 PM
    A non-abrasive cleanser like Bonami might work as well.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2014, 03:00 PM
    Mineral spirits and 0000 steel wool.
    claireloe Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2014, 02:45 AM
    I will first find the maintenance guiding of the furniture, usually there is method for such thing.
    Mike_W64 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2014, 07:36 PM
    I have worked in Furniture for 50 yrs try automotive wax or compound

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove suction cup marks from black appliance [ 2 Answers ]

I use pressure suction cup hangers on my black kenmore fridge to hang a pot holder - it has left round marks, how can I remove them? Thank you!

How the data is converted to black and white marks in QR Code? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about QR Codes. How the data is converted to black and white marks in QR Code? That is,the working of QR Code generators. How does the QR Code Readers in a Smart phone decode data from a QR Code? That is the working of QR Code readers. How the QR Code is uniquely identified by the QR...

How do I remove an old range hood with black and white wires only? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to remove an old range hood that doesn't vent anywhere. When I took it away from the wall I found only a black and white wire. I am afraid to move forward because I can't find anything online with black and white only (no red, green, etc). I have attached a picture of what I'm looking at....

Yellow stains on painted pine furniture [ 1 Answers ]

We have unfinished pine furniture that we painted white. Over the years there are yellow stains coming through the paint. What happened? How can we repaint them and prevent the yellow stains from coming through again?

Protecting painted outdoor furniture? [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know what is the best way to protect painted wood from the elements? Normally on bare wood I would use spar urethane,but they say not to use that on painted surfaces.

View more questions Search