Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelcG Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 11:48 AM
    My bra!
    Hi I'm 11 and today I tried 3 different web sites and I found out I was a size C bra! How do I tell myy mum?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2013, 11:59 AM
    How can you be a size "C" and you mom not know already? I mean you can't hide that.

How do you go to your mom, you simply do... say.. Mom... I need to talk to you about something... and if it makes it easier you can talk to her alone... without your father being there or any of your brothers or sisters because there is nothing you can be going through that she hasn't already been through herself at some point.

Just do it... don't be afraid to do it. She will understand.

Oct 28, 2013, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    How can you be a size "C" and you mom not know already? I mean you can't hide that.

How do you go to your mom, you simply do... say.. Mom... I need to talk to you about something... and if it makes it easier you can talk to her alone... without your father being there or any of your brothers or sisters because there is nothing you can be going through that she hasn't already been through herself at some point.

Just do it... don't be afraid to do it. She will understand.
    Atually I don't think I will take your advice because at the start you were a bit y! I think you should be syportive on this site.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2013, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcG View Post
    Atually I don't think I will take your advice because at the start you were a bit y! I think you should be syportive on this site.
    I think you need to take another look at what I wrote again then.

I've been here for a lot of years... since 2005 to be exact. I know what this site is and isn't about. There was nothing wrong with what I said.

I want to know how you could manage to develop to a "C" cup without your mother knowing... that isn't exactly small or unnoticible by anyone much less a parent, that's an average size for most adult women in the USA, Canada, Australia or the UK.. And why hasn't she spoken with you about this yet? Or has she? Most mothers notice this long before you grow into an A cup.

And like I said... you tell your mother you want to talk with her about something in private... if you aren't already alone with her... and you talk to her about it if you are alone already. Its nothing to be embarrassed about.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 12:44 PM
    smoothy is a great guy and a sweetheart, so please understand he was really doing a good job answering your question.

Like he said, if you are really a C cup, the entire world including your mom has to notice that. (How did you figure that out from the Internet?)

I'm a mom but have no daughters -- but would hope my daughters would be friendly and comfortable enough with me to come to me with things like this (if I didn't ask them first). This is one of your first tests with difficult communication. If you pass this test, communicating with others about personal stuff will get easier and easier. Just think about nurses and doctors and all the personal stuff they have to ask patients about. It's not always easy for them either, but they know it's all for the good.

Oct 28, 2013, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I think you need to take another look at what I wrote again then.

I've been here for a lot of years... since 2005 to be exact. I know what this site is and isn't about. There was nothing wrong with what I said.

I want to know how you could manage to develop to a "C" cup without your mother knowing... that isn't exactly small or unnoticible by anyone much less a parent, that's an average size for most adult women in the USA, Canada, Australia or the UK.. And why hasn't she spoken with you about this yet? Or has she? Most mothers notice this long before you grow into an A cup.

And like I said... you tell your mother you want to talk with her about something in private... if you aren't already alone with her... and you talk to her about it if you are alone already. Its nothing to be embarrassed about.
    If you knew my family, mum doesn't stare at my boobs. My under bust is 27ichnes
    And my bust Is 30 inches

Oct 28, 2013, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    smoothy is a great guy and a sweetheart, so please understand he was really doing a good job answering your question.

Like he said, if you are really a C cup, the entire world including your mom has to notice that. (How did you figure that out from the Internet?)

I'm a mom but have no daughters -- but would hope my daughters would be friendly and comfortable enough with me to come to me with things like this (if I didn't ask them first). This is one of your first tests with difficult communication. If you pass this test, communicating with others about personal stuff will get easier and easier. Just think about nurses and doctors and all the personal stuff they have to ask patients about. It's not always easy for them either, but they know it's all for the good.
    There are size calculators
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 12:49 PM
    If you knew my family, mum doesn't stare at my boobs. My under bust is 27ichnes
    And my bust Is 30 inches
    No, she doesn't need to stare at them. If you are a C cup, they are very obvious. No staring is needed to see them.

How do those measurements make them a C cup?
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2013, 12:56 PM
    I was going to link a size calculator , but strangely enough many of them are being blocked at my office (probibly the best ones too).

But here is one that includes the proper way to do it... and yes its important to measure the correct way.

4 Ways to Measure Your Bra Size - wikiHow

And understand its not as easy as that sounds......most women don't know how to measure correctly or know from test fitting which is actually correct for them. And as a result wear the wrong size.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2013, 01:06 PM
    You are free to ignore any advice you want. But smoothy gave you good advice. You can't tell bra size over the Internet. You can get a guesstimate of what you might need, but it will not be accurate.

And I agree with him that if you were really a C it would be very noticeable. Unless you wear VERY oversize and loose tops it would be obvious. Even if large breasts run in your family, you don't jump from flat to C cup overnight.

The answer here is simple. You go to your mum and you tell her that your body is developing and ask when she can take you to shop for bras. Then you go with her and try on several to see what fits best.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 28, 2013, 05:38 PM
    I'm positive that a difference of 3" from just under your breasts to your breasts is not a C.
    Sounds like an A. That's usually where we all start.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'm positive that a difference of 3" from just under your breasts to your breasts is not a C.
    The cup size is not only the "height," but also the spread or roundness of the breasts. Methinks we want to grow up real fast.
    melanieeee Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 05:50 PM
    Go to a store like victorias secret and get measured there. Then just straight up tell your mom. She's a woman and will understand
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'll say that as well... three inches is very little difference... and like many other things you find on the internet... that is very wrong, despite what some of these places say.

Bra Fit Guide & Calculator by Soma Intimates - Bra Fit Guide - Soma

Here is one that says with a 27" torso measurement and around the breasts of 33" which is a 5" difference you have a A cup....roughly. She has only 3" difference.

And THAT makes a lot more sense. It (that calculator) doesn't go that low so I'm guessing she might be a AAA or even an AA, which does make a lot more sense.

And as these other ladies know.....you have to try them on to get it right because there are differences from one brand to the next. And sometimes those differences aren't that insignificant.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by melanieeee View Post
    Go to a store like victorias secret and get measured there. Then just straight up tell your mom. She's a woman and will understand
    Good advice, just in the wrong order. She's 11, she'll need to tell mom first, not only to get to the store, but to get someone that would fit her. She's a child, I'm pretty sure no one would fit her for a bra without a parent present.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Good advice, just in the wrong order. She's 11, she'll need to tell mom first, not only to get to the store, but to get someone that would fit her. She's a child, I'm pretty sure no one would fit her for a bra without a parent present.
    Exactly in this day and age... most certainly. For many reasons.

Oct 28, 2013, 07:03 PM
    Also does Victoria's Secret carry bras for teens?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Also does Victoria's Secret carry bras for teens?
    The one in my area does. In fact, it's the perfect place for teens since most of their bras tend to be smaller cup sizes. But there are many other bra stores that the OP can go to. The most important thing, if she is a C cup (which I highly doubt) is to be fitted properly. It's a little less important when all you need is a training bra. Those you can fit yourself very easily.

Oct 29, 2013, 04:43 AM
    Ok, I don't shop there very often ;) I just wondered since their line was more geared toward sexy lingerie. Not something I would want for a preteen.
    olliejones46 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 11:25 AM
    Heya, I'm KelcG's mate, I think what she is trying to say is that she has got bras but they are only A's, she needs some bigger bras, her mum doesn't really talk to her about this stuff, so she's not sure how to approach her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask for a bra. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am 12 and need a bra. All the girls in my class wear them and I feel odd when I change for sport class. How do I Ask my mum to get me a bra??

When should I get a bra [ 12 Answers ]

Help! Should I get a bra or not? I just turened 10 march 13th and my nipples show through A LOT anyway should I get one or not?

I need a bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm only 11 and I really really need a bra my boobs are really big and you can see them through my school jumper and all my friends say I really need one to but I don't know how to ask my dad for one I don't even have a crop top Someone help me

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search