Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asd1962 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 06:50 AM
    How many forms do I need to fill out?
    Hi I want to apply for form I-130 to my parents and my child's brother. Should I file 3 separate forms?
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Oct 28, 2013, 12:10 PM
    What is "my child's brother"?

Yes, you need separate forms. Parents are immediate relatives and cannot have derivatives.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 11:17 PM
    File for each one separately...

Oct 31, 2013, 12:59 AM
    Child brother I meant my younger brother 13 yrs old
    Does he follow his mother or need to fill separate form I-130 ? Thanks to your help

Nov 1, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by newacct View Post
    What is "my child's brother"?

Yes, you need separate forms. Parents are immediate relatives and cannot have derivatives.
    But another guy told me to fill 2 I-130 for parents and after they have the OK they will file for your youger brother . Is it true?
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Nov 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asd1962 View Post
    But another guy told me to fill 2 I-130 for parents and after they have the OK they will file for your youger brother . Is it true?
    Parents are in the immediate relative category. They cannot bring their children along with them.

You as a U.S. citizen could file directly for your brother. But the wait is like 12+ years.

The easiest is once your parents come to the U.S. and become permanent residents, they can file for your brother. That is much faster.

Nov 2, 2013, 12:48 AM
    But they can't leave my brother alone he has nobody except my parents..
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 7, 2013, 08:16 PM
    I agree with newacct.

Your parents are immediate relatives and since your brother has a way to be petitioned through you, even with the long FB-4 priority date backlog, he cannot immigrate with your parents as a dependent.

Not easy, but if they immigrate, possibly a humanitarian parole for your brother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1- dependent -- which forms to fill [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My wife is on F2 visa and doesn't have social security or ITIN. She was in US for the whole year 2008. Could you please advise me which forms should I fill for her. I believe she only needs form W-7. Do I need to fill a 8843 for her? In summary, can I say that a F1-student and his...

Which forms I need to fill? [ 2 Answers ]

I am J-1 visa, arrived at Nov,2006. I worked in University of New Mexico from 2006.11 to 2007.7. And then transferred to University of Maryland. So, I worked at MD from 2007.8 to 2007.12. So, Questions are: 1, Which forms I need to do? 2, do I need prepare two sets of tax forms? 2, I am...

Forms to fill for MA taxes. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm an student on F-1 visa, and studying in Utah. I interned for three months in 2006 in Massachusetts on CPT. Can somebody tell me what forms to fill out for MA, other than the Utah State tax and Federal 1040NR-EZ? I have lived in the US for < 5 years. Thanks.

Which Forms to fill [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US on L1- visa after Oct 2006 and my income for 2006 in US is less than $3000. I am Indian cititzen. For 2006 I am non-residian alien. I need to know which forms I need to fill. What will be the refunds I might received? Thanks in advance Praveen

HELP... not sure which forms I need to fill out [ 3 Answers ]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a "real" job in which I received a W-2 and a second job in which I received a 1099-MISC. This is the first year I've had both of these forms and I need to know exactly what forms I need to fill out. PLEASE help! M:confused:

View more questions Search