Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronsiegel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Please help me remember this movie's title?
    The main character is a the wife of a rabbinical student. He is very occupied with his studies and she feels neglected. She goes to work for her brother-in-law and has an affair with him. She becomes a very savvy diamond broker and jeweler.

Thanks! My e-mail is [email protected]
    kouya Posts: 45, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2013, 08:01 AM
    A Price Above Rubies (1998) - IMDb

The film tells the story of Sonia (Zellweger), a young Brooklyn woman who has just given birth to her first child. She is married, through an arranged marriage, to Mendel (Glenn Fitzgerald), a devout Hasidic Jew who is too immersed in his studies to give his wife the attention she craves. As a result, Sonia develops a relationship with Mendel's brother, the jeweller Sender (Eccleston), who brings her into the business. Sender is the only release for Sonia's repressed sexuality, and he takes full advantage of that fact as often as he can, but she is repelled by his utter lack of morals as she finds balance between what she feels and what she has been taught is "sinful". The jewellery business brings her into close contact with the young Puerto Rican artist and jewellery designer Ramon (Payne), but when Sender finds out about their connection he reveals it to the family, and Sonia is divorced and ostracised. The film ends on a more tolerance-friendly note, with Sonia balancing desire and every day life, and Mendel accepting her differences with a blessing and the promise to restore custody of their son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot remember the movie title, or the actors in it, but I remember the storyline? [ 0 Answers ]

So this movie is set in late 90s early 2000 era Boy and girl grow up next to each other, he's in love with her but never tells her, he goes off to culinary school at the CIA and later works as a server for a catering company He freaks out while serving at the girl's engagement party She ends up...

Can't remember movie Title! Children's Animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

All I can remember from this movie is that it was animated and there was a blimp and a parade and something evil sort of like a mysterious cloud I want to say was after the girl (main character) it's not Kiki's Delivery Service (cause that has a blimp 2) but I just can't remember!! Please Help! I'm...

I remember this old black and white movie but can't remember its title [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching this old black and white movie as a child (over 40 years ago). Every time the father would get angry, he kicks out the families TV set.. His family would all cry and his wife would make him sleep on the sofa downstairs. I remember this happening several times in the movie.....

I can't remember the movie title but I remember a few scenes please help! [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember the movie title but I remember a few scene I watched a movie about 11 years ago and I remember a guy had a rock climbing or moutain climbing accident or something I don't know but another guy finds him and saves his life even though he is messed up.. and the guy that saves him is a...

I can't remember the title of a movie anymore, but I remember the storyboard [ 7 Answers ]

The movie begins with a man (the acter is Will Smith) and his son. He is a normal guy with his own problems but suddenly he gets fired and loses his own home and doesn't know how to survive. But later he is getting back in the normal lifestyle and eventually starts his own company, then he sels it...

View more questions Search