Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberkelsen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 10:43 PM
    Comparing with Ratios
    Describe the different ways you can compare two similar objects or quantities with equivalent ratios
    15yearoldgirl Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Nov 8, 2013, 05:20 PM
    Well, you could make the ratio so that it's in the form one to something (I.e. 1:n) if you did this to both then you would be able to compare the values. To do this you would have to decide which part you will make one, and divide each side by this number. For example if you had that £50 will buy you 100 tins of paint, you can write this as 100:50. Then to find how much one tin would cost you divide each side by 100. This would give you 1:0.5 so one tin is 50p.
    This is the only way I know of that will let you compare values (you can also do the same thing but make the value something other than 1, as long as they are equal).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOMEWORK/FINANCNG RATIOS. It deals with liquidity Ratios [ 6 Answers ]

Given Information: Bronco Electronics' current assets consist of cash, marketable securities, accounts receivable, and inventories. The following Data was abstracted from a recent financial statments: Inventories 150,000 Total Assets 1,400,000 Current Ratio 3 Acid-Test...

Comparing to the ex [ 8 Answers ]

I am having a really hard time dating... can anyone help me out. I feel like I fall for every girl I date. I've been single for about 6 months after a 3.5 year relationship that included: living together, cooking, romance, GREAT sex life, talking daily, sharing deepest secrets, cuddling, etc... ...

Comparing terms [ 1 Answers ]

Compare and contrast the terms : Melting point and freezing point

Comparing Investments [ 4 Answers ]

I buy fixer houses putting as little as 20% down. I usually put about $40,000 in to fix up, cover finance costs and cover selling costs. My typical interest rate is between 7% - 9% on my loans. Since it is short term, interest rate is not important to me really. I am usually able to net about...

Comparing to Ex! [ 3 Answers ]

So, I have been broken up with my ex for a while now, but I am having trouble moving onto other people. I have met, and gone on dates with a few women since the break up. I always find myself comparing it to my ex. I was very much in love with her, and she is the one that dumped me. All of the...

View more questions Search