Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattymanson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 05:31 PM
    Been here since I was 8 by my father 25 years ago
    Hello I've been here in the usa since I was 8 years old my father never got my paperwork straight due to him getting on drugs and pretty much had to do for myself after a certain time he has his green card but I don't I don't even have a visa it was stolen I have kids here now, do I have to go back to my country before I'm granted a green card
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Oct 28, 2013, 12:09 PM
    You're going to have to give more information. Like, in what status did you guys enter the U.S.; what did your father apply for; how did he get his green card; why did you not get a green card together with him; what exactly was "stolen"; was a green card ever applied for you that you know of; etc.

If you have not been in lawful status, leaving the country now would probably subject you to a 10-year ban, so I would not do that until you really understand what is going on and what the options are.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 11:14 PM
    Not enough info...
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 7, 2013, 08:27 PM
    Agree with newacct and L. More info needed. You may qualify for a DACA EAD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father abandoned a child 7 years ago [ 8 Answers ]

My daughters father left 7 years ago and has only started paying support within the last year. My daughter now wants to go live with him. Does he have any legal rights?

Can I charge my father with abuse from 20 years ago [ 3 Answers ]

My father physically, verbally, emotionally and psychologically abused my Mum, my brother and myself from the age I was 4 till 24. Watching him abuse and attack my Mum and my brother was bad enough, I tried to step in to stop them from getting hurt. My sister and baby brother virtually escaped his...

My father me abandoned 30 years ago [ 5 Answers ]

I am an adult child. My father separated from my mother after my birth and never paid nor appeared anymore. I think to try him, is it possible?

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search