Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mani3gs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2013, 08:44 PM
    USB port is working in bios but not in windows?
    I have compaq presario c700 laptop.

USB ports are not working in windows.but it is working in BIOS.(e.g usb keyboard.)

I thought that it would be windows problem so I planned  to install new os. Cd drive doesn't work.so I have only option to install through usb.

When I try to install os , after I click INSTALL Button I got error "A required cd/DVD drive device driver is missing...".. what should I do now ? 

Thanks in advance .

Note: first my all USB ports did not work suddenly .then I gave my laptop to service centre. They told that USB ports are shorted and they only made one port to function. But that too working in bios only. Pls see the error below.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/242iwk2.jpg
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 27, 2013, 02:09 AM
    Windows update will do the trick.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 1, 2013, 04:56 AM
    I found that the system file checker fixes that up...

Click on Start.
    Just above start you will see a search bar "Search Programs and Files"
    Search for: cmd
    You will find cmd right at the top.
    Right Click on it and select run as Administrator
    A black box now opens. In there type:
    Sfc /scannow

That's it

Hope this helps
    Grant - South Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usb port [ 5 Answers ]

I have installed a Lexmark 1200 Printer for XP but the computer does not have access to the internet. When I try to print it tells me that the USB Port 1 has not been detected. What have I done wrong. Maylong

USB 2.0 External Hard Disk not working well in Windows [ 5 Answers ]

Help, facing a funny problem. I've borrowed a Hitachi USB 2.0 External harddisk (2.5" 160GB) from friend, tested working well in friend's PC without any problem, but when i connect to my PC, some funny problem as below occured. Starting there is no problem, everything ok, the dirve (Usb Ext...

USB port [ 1 Answers ]

USB 1.0, 2.0 n now 3.0... As what I know the USB head consists of 4 wires. Can anyone explain: 1. Wat are the 4 wires and their functions? 2. most importantly, how does these wire transfer data? ( I mean like is it really it transfer in binary voltage pulse form to represent a signal?Im...

How to reprogram a usb port [ 1 Answers ]

My usb ports won't work. I need to know how to reprogram them? Anybody know how to do that?

USB 2.0 not working in Windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble getting an Intel USB 2.0 hub accepted by windows XP but the hub itself will operate at USB 1 speeds (ie Windows accepts it as a USB port, it just operates at the slower rate and gives me warnings when I fit USB 2 hardware into it (like thumb drives) that the drive will only...

View more questions Search