Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DefaultAteam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2013, 09:22 AM
    How do I get over my girlfriends past?
    Im madly in love with my girlfriend. In fact plan on marrying her. She told me some news about her past sexual relationship with a guy she shouldn't have been with. Thing is thatthat kind of upsets me. Thing is, I don't know why I care so much. She wasn't with me, every one makes mistakes, Im not the type to judge, and I LOVE HER. I know this won't affect us going forwards but Im the guy that likes to nip things in the bud. Im open to looking within myself and maybe there might be an underlying issue. IDK just please tell me, how do you get over someone's past? How do you let go? Idk if Im insecure about something, I don't know if... I don't know. Lol just help.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 26, 2013, 09:52 AM
    If she had not told you, you would have been none the wiser, and you wouldn't have the confusing emotions you are having now.

That she did tell you at all (she's certainly not obligated to explain her past sex partners), means that she is mature enough to trust you- with honesty.

Have you been honest with her, with your past sexual partners? How did the discussion come about in the first place? Did she share this just to easer her conscience? Did you, with your past partners?

I don't know what you mean by 'nipping this in the bud'. The bud has already been nipped, so what is it that is bothering you.

You say you aren't the type to judge her, yet it was her 'confession' that that you are judging- whether to further delve into her past, because of her past sexual experience (s)?

You must have some reason why you need to dig into this issue more. I just can't see what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting over girlfriends past? Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I will try and keep this as brief as possible. My girlfriend is 30 and I'm 27 and I am really struggling to get over my gfs past and I know it shouldn't be a problem but it's getting to me more and more. We have been together for almost 2 years and things were fantastic at...

My girlfriends past [ 15 Answers ]

My story is I am separated and have 2 kids ,I am serious about women I don't like girls who put themselves about and have had only 1 real relationships up in till now ,that was my ex wife who I was with since I was 17 up to the age 28 when we separated.. I met this girl 4 years ago and have been...

Girlfriends Past. [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I have been dating this girl and she is a year younger then me, I am 17 she is currently 16. We met last May and have been going out since, she is extremely good for me she is always there through whatever and has dealt with me at my worse. I feel comfortable enough to do anything with her...

New Girlfriends Past [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I suspect that everyone who reads this post will think I'm being retarded since I think most people would think her past is really no "big deal". So I guess I'm not the most experienced 24 yr old guy. She is my 4th partner I've had sex with. I'm her 6th. She is 23 years old we went to the same...

Can't get over my girlfriends past [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 3 months now and we are truly in love. I never felt this way about anyone , I am her first love. She was a virgin and I took it away from her , we are teens in love but we talked about each others past and her's is always on my mind bothering me it...

View more questions Search