Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andywest Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2005, 05:49 PM
    Do enzymes pass?
    I was at the health food store today and saw a bottle of "systemic enzymes"
    The enzyme is Nattokinase does anyone here know if this passes trough your intestines to get into your blood stream.
    If I remember my biology enzymes do not pass trough your intestines
    Does this one pass into your blood?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 11, 2005, 08:50 AM
    Do enzymes pass
    Every tissue in your body relies on your heart to circulate blood through approximately 60,000 miles of your blood vessels.NATTOKINASE, a systemic enzyme from Japan supports the fibrinolytic blood clearing system.

Every tissue in your body relies on your heart to circulate six liters of blood through approximately 60,000 miles of your arteries, veins and capillaries. This complex network requires a holistic health approach. You might think that all enzymes are just for digestion. Actually, enzymes accelerate thousands of chemical reactions in your body. And systemic enzymes are a special enzyme class that work on every system in your body to support your complete, or systemic, health.

Different systemic enzymes, such as papain, bromelain, pancreatin and nattokinase, each work in different ways. The results can include reducing cellular irritation, promoting clear blood flow and supporting balanced immune reactions for your shortterm comfort and long-term health.

Healthy circulation occurs when your blood flows smoothly.NATTOKINASE doesn’t inhibit blood clot formation. Instead, it works to support healthy circulation in three ways.

First, nattokinase assists the fibrinolytic blood clearing system by breaking down cross-linked fibrin protein deposits in the blood.
    Second, in preliminary studies, natto extracts promote clear blood flow by reducing Euglobulin Lysis Time (ELT).
    Third, nattokinase supports blood clearing by breaking down Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor–1 (PAI-1), an inhibitor of an enzyme that helps keep blood flowing. Lifestyle conditions such as high stress, high glucose levels and high amounts of adipose tissue are associated with increased PAI-1 levels.

(c) 2005 www.smartbomb.com

Best wishes,
    Nez.
    andywest Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2005, 09:38 AM
    More enzyme?
    Thank you for your reply
    You gave me some info I did not know
    But I guess my real question should have been
    If you take a pill full of an enzyme (NATTOKINASE)
    Does any of that enzyme get into your blood stream from that pill.
    I understand that they help you when they are in your blood stream. But do they get there when you take a pill?
    For example I am told that amylase, protease, lipase, celluiese do not pass into the blood stream when ingested orally .

Andy West
    PbZep Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 12:56 PM
    I highly doubt if it gets into your blood. If it did, I imagine there would be quite an immune response to a foreign protein. Just an educated guess though.

Pb
    Saker Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2005, 06:56 AM
    I really don't think any enzyme can get into the blood stream when taken orally. It would never get past the other protease enzymes in the digestive system and even if it did there are no transporters for moving enzymes into the other systems.
    mlbiscuit Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2007, 05:06 PM
    I started taking nattosyn by jigsaw health 9 days ago. Three days ago I woke up feeling better than I have in years. I suffer from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and various pains from old injuries as I can best self-diagnose since I am one of uninsured working class. I also think that I may be affected by mold as an after effect of Hurricane Wilma. I think nattokinase may actually work. I have tried a myriad of vitamins and supplements over the past few years and seen no marked improvements until now. I am uncertain of how it works, but I feel great.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Enzymes are made of protein. Protein is broken down in the stomach by peptidases amounst other enzymes. Therefore there is not a snowballs chance in hell that they would get into your blood stream as they would never make it in one piece (literally) to the small intestine where food particles are absorbed into the bloodsteam.

To the above poster placebos works 40% of the time (in proper clinical studies of serious diseases!) so as long as you keep believing it to work - perhaps it is something else in the mixture/ what it braks down into- then it will.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Jul 10, 2007, 11:13 PM
    These enzymes do not pass through your blodd stream dirctly butthey enter through some support as facilitated actions.
    Enzymes work on substrate that are in intestions as in food ,proteins fats and carbs etc... then let the broken smaller food molecules to enter blood stream but if the enzymes enter orn ot , at least I don't know neither did I read,
    Yes there are other enzymes that work in blood but they are taken in as medicines for example... kinetothrombosine a kind of enzyme that is given through injection that directly acts by being transported in the via blood.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 12:07 AM
    ^^Yes it would work if injected or by facillitated transport (much too large for diffusion)but what 'enzyme carriers' do you know of between the mouth and the intestine?

Had a further thought about a mode of action for nattosyn which could be beneficial - perhaps the amino acids released by it's breakdown can benefit those who have a problem absorbing them or lack them in hteir everyday diet. Have to note though this is pure conjecture - I have absolutely nothing to back this up! It's just a thought.

Jul 11, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Nattosyn, Douglas Labs - NaturalGreens

I think u can read about it online and its mode of action, I am coming across this enzyme for the first time . I will search for it and read too it is good to get info about it.

well the enzymes in all the oral system are... many to list but I remember some to quote them here

ptyalin or amylase for carbs absorption

protease, lipase, and manyothers that help digestion .

I don't know if these exzymes do intract with nattosyn orn ot.

Support healthy cardiovascular function and blood circulation with Nattosyn, a new formula containing a synergistic combination of nattokinase, hesperidin methylchalcone, and pomegranate extract.

Contains a synergistic combination of nattokinase, hesperidin methyl chalcone and pomegranate extract. Designed to provide comprehensive support for circulatory health. Since health circulation is an integral part of maintaining proper cardiovascular health, it is important to include nutrients that support the function of a healthy circulatory system, including healthy blood flow.

I got it from this site that I quote abuv

Nattokinase
    check this link I think it got all your queries about the product.

hope it helped

Nattokinase is a soybean food content. It is a 275 amino acid peptide. It is said to have similar clot-dissolving abilities as does plasmin, an enzyme that we all have in our blood as our natural defense mechanism to dissolve unwanted blood clots. The "clot busters" used in clinical medicine (tPA=tissue plasminogen activator, streptokinase, urokinase, etc) to dissolve blood clots that have led to heart attacks, strokes, pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis, all work through enhancing plasmin's action. They have to be given intravenously, because they are not active when given orally.

wow I think we got it here
    this is an amzing rpoduct for the patients of heart and blood pressure.

Jul 11, 2007, 11:27 AM
    I don't think it is the placebo effect. I was actually rather cynical since so many other vitamins and supplements did not make any difference. It also has Hesperidin Methylchalcone 100 mg and Pomegranate extract 50 mg. I still feel better from the moment I wake up and I sleep more consistently which is no easy task when you work 9pm - 5am, the opposite of the rest of the world.

Jul 17, 2007, 07:53 AM
    ;)
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 09:07 AM
    I'm late to this discussion, but I think Andy West asked a good question. What I learned is that to be bioavailable, a drug usually has a molecular weight of 450 Daltons or less. Nattokinase is huge at about 20,000 daltons. The enzymes in the stomach that break down big proteins would attack it. So it's reasonable to assume that nattokinase itself wouldn't be easily absorbed. I looked at NIH's website and saw several papers that got the bacterium lactobacillus to express nattokinase (by adding the gene for nattokinase to the bacterium's genome). These bacteria normally live in our guts and apparently, this is a way to get the enzyme past the stomach and into the intestines where nattokinase apparently has at least a chance of getting absorbed. My impression is that scientists think the bioavailibility (getting it out of the gut and into the blood stream) of nattokinase is a problem.

Jul 17, 2007, 09:38 AM
    This is a separate fact and not related to the topic directly in fact it is an offshoot issue rather

;)

I would like to add here that there are certain enzymes in the market available as fast acting or quicky effective drugs,but remember something that has got really fast effcet are not always good for health, their appearant effect may be obvouis and good, but its side effects should never be ignored .

For instance my mother used a drug called Teins , a very wellknown chinese + american product known to increase calcium levels and promote its absorption and hyperglycemic effects in the body.she used it to sooth the pains and cramps she had.there was a slight effect and she reduced weight abruptly ,rememebr ,this sideeffect of reducing weight was the sidefecct of the product. We can't predict that what else at moelcular level was going wrong in her body. After a weeks treatment she left it.

So guys be careful that you may be prescribed to use as many enzymes directly or orally as possible .but always be ware of its sideffects or any abrupt changes in health while using it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 09:40 AM
    asking you are referring to Lipinski's rule of five http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipinski's_Rule_of_Five

so useful for drug design :)

-------

Edit
    Argh read your profile - you'll definitely already know this - sorry! I'm just leaving the comment in case anyone randomly looking at this thread can look it up to see what you were talking about.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Edit
    Argh read your profile - you'll definitely already know this - sorry! I'm just leaving the comment in case anyone randomly looking at this thread can look it up to see what you were talking about.
    Templelane: No problem! I did know about Lipinski. But only as of a couple of months ago. I had to write something that required knowledge of drug development and so learned it on the fly (e.g. Wikipedia... ). But from you I just learned it's possible to edit answers. I've made so many mistakes in my answers, I would like to learn how. Cheers, Asking

Sep 3, 2007, 03:11 AM
    I hoped it really helped you
    Thanks for the comment !

Sep 3, 2007, 05:56 PM
    What is "Teins , a very wellknown chinese + american product known to increase calcium levels and promote its absorption and hyperglycemic effects " , that Sovaira mentioned? Is this the correct spelling? I could not find any information on this.

Nov 1, 2007, 04:03 AM
    May be I had mis spelled it ,the right ones might be TIENS, you may check it on search for chinese herbal medicines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GCSE Biology-enzymes [ 3 Answers ]

Can please someone help give me some idea of : - What experiments can be devised or set up, to find out under what conditions enzymes are most effective?

Biology help! Enzymes [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and I'm stuck on some homework for Biology. I wanted to know if you know what enzymes, and amylase is. Thanks a lot

Enzymes [ 1 Answers ]

Can enzymes pass through your large and or small intestines to enter your blood stream?? The enzymes I am most interested in are serratia, papain, bromelain, amylase, lipase. If they do would they dissolve/eat "plaque" and other stuff that is not alive??

View more questions Search