Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberb81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
    6 year old - glucose reading
    I took a glucose reading on my 6 year old due to very frequent urination and it was 167 *is this high or OK? He had a bowl of cereal 2 hours before the test.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Oct 25, 2013, 11:57 AM
    A blood glucose level of 167 mg/dL attained from the Fasting Plasma Glucose Test (FPG) falls into the diabetic range. Diabetes is defined as the inability of the body to Produce insulin, which results in high blood sugar and can cause a variety of health complications. If you've taken a Random Glucose Test, a blood glucose level of 167 mg/dL actually falls into the pre-diabetic range. Pre-diabetes is defined as higher than normal blood sugar and is a sign that your body is on its way to developing diabetes. In either case, you should consult with your physician if you see consistent blood sugar levels of 167 mg/dL or higher. (source: CalCNA12 @ Simplifying Caregiving, Supporting Caregivers | Caring.com)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 01:02 PM
    That could just be the Glucose response from having the cereal. Was this done with a at home glucose metre? Or was it done by standard blood work you get from a doctor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the Voltage Reading at 240 Volt Outlet Reading 590 Volts? [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased at home built in 1922. It is obvious there has been some modifications to the electrical system. The only permitted change was upgrading it to a 200 Amp service. In trying to figure out the circuits I noted there were 4-240Volt breakers, three a 20 Amps and one at 30 Amps. All...

What percent of the adults spend more than $2,600 per year on reading and enterta [ 1 Answers ]

According to a government study among adults in the 25- to 34-year age group, the mean amount spent per year on reading and entertainment is $2,020. Assume that the distribution of the amounts spent follows the normal distribution with a standard deviation of $456. (Round z-score computation to 2...

My fasting glucose reading jumped about 20 points [ 1 Answers ]

The only change in diet was switching from homemade sourdough bread to commercial rye bread, at about four slices per day.

Does reading random thing in internet, is the equivalent to reading books? [ 2 Answers ]

They say that reading books is good. I'm not very smart perhaps because I don't read many books. I've almost never read a whole book from start to end. And I'm in my 30's. But I do read a lot of stuff in the web. But mostly short things. Not like long full books. But isn't it the same thing? Or...

View more questions Search