Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cinrio1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Embellished Resume
    Do employers care to check resume claims of "attended" college (15 yrs ago) but no degree? like an idiot, I embellished my education when it wasn't necessary, since I have the required equivalent experience.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Well...you ask if employers do this....that's a big group, isn't it? Can we really speak for all employers? I imagine that some do and some don't....but it's impossible to say if your employer will.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 09:18 AM
    Yes, the interviewers I know check EVERYthing nowadays (I have helped people put together their resumes since 1985). Since jobs are scarce and prospects are legion, when there is an opening, employers want the best they can find.

Oct 25, 2013, 02:31 PM
    Employer background checks
    Hired based on experience. Do most employers check for irrelevant college attendance?

Oct 25, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Employer background checks
    Candidate based on experience. Do most employers care to verify if college was attended?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
    Please don't keep posting the same question in multiple places. Your threads have been merged and your question answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone help me with my resume? [ 1 Answers ]

>edited out personal details< Have nothing else to put on it. I don't care what job I get as long as it's not something that needs an outgoing personality or excellent communication skills. I'm still trying to get over my issues with anxiety and low- self esteem. Suzanne G. College Address...

Resume help [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with my Resume! I went to a work shop for employment help, and they said it was VERY important to have you skills and such at the top of the page. Can anyone offer me a hand? :)

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

New resume [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I need to type up a new resume but I don't really have much experience & my resume is pretty blank.. but all the places I apply for ask for one, what else can I put on it other than experience?

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

View more questions Search