Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klamriespr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Appendicitis?
    I've been sick with diarrhea, headache, stomach cramps, and fever for 6 days. Now I have a sharp, constant pain on the lower right side. I took simethicone because I thought it could be gas pains, but it has not subsided. The pain is worsened by moment, laughing, coughing, etc. I have had a fever of 101. Should I be worried that my diarrhea is causing my appendix to become inflamed? Or should I hold out and see if another dose of simethicone works?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 08:44 AM
    It's time to be checked out. IF it is your appendix, do you really want to take the chance that it will rupture?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 25, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Diarrhea doesn't cause appendicitis.
    Go to a clinic if you can, otherwise an ER.
    Stop taking anything at all except clear liquids, and no drugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens with appendicitis? [ 2 Answers ]

The doctor says I may have early appendicitis, how do they test for it? Dose any one know what it feels like to have an appendix burst? And how does the surgery work? Thanks and I hope mine doesn't burst, I am waiting on blood test results and I am going to have an ultrasound on firday

I think have Appendicitis [ 2 Answers ]

Well I been getting pain in my abdomen like a little above my belly button and it goes down on both sides and sometimes it will be really bad so I lay down and eventually it goes away. It's been getting worse lately though and when I went to the doctor a few weeks a ago they said my abdomen was...

Could it be appendicitis? [ 4 Answers ]

Can appendicitis come and go? My daughter has had the same symptoms of appendicitis a couple of times (like 1 or 2 times a month)for the past couple of months, she get a sharp pain that almost takes her breath away, on her lower right side of her stomach it gets sore to touch then it will just...

View more questions Search