Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaonetwothree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 07:52 AM
    Morning After pill while on yaz
    Hi,

I am currently on Yaz birth control for almost a year. About 2-3 weeks ago, at the end of week 1 / beginning of Week 2, I missed two pills in a row and then took them and continued the pack as normal. I started a new pack about 3 days ago. I was advised by my doctor to use a condom for the next two weeks just to be safe since I had missed those earlier pills. However, last night a condom came off during sex. I am not sure if I can take the morning after pill while I continue to take birth control? Or how it would affect the BC pills-- will it make me get my period right away? Will it interfere in the protection from the Birth control? Or if it's really that serious, and if I'm protected since there were at least two weeks of uninterrupted active BC pill use (After the missing of two pills), then a week of the inactive pill during my period, and now 3 days of continued pill use.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaonetwothree View Post
    Hi,

I am currently on Yaz birth control for almost a year. About 2-3 weeks ago, at the end of week 1 / beginning of Week 2, I missed two pills in a row and then took them and continued the pack as normal. I started a new pack about 3 days ago. I was advised by my doctor to use a condom for the next two weeks just to be safe since I had missed those earlier pills. However, last night a condom came off during sex.
    I am not sure if I can take the morning after pill while I continue to take birth control?
    You can take it. It will work best if taken quickly.
    Or how it would affect the BC pills-- will it make me get my period right away? Will it interfere in the protection from the Birth control?
    You might get your period right away, but it will definetely screw up your cycle. So until your cycles even out, you'll need to use condoms to be safe.
    Or if it's really that serious, and if I'm protected since there were at least two weeks of uninterrupted active BC pill use (After the missing of two pills), then a week of the inactive pill during my period, and now 3 days of continued pill use.
    You should be fine. Your doctor told you to use condoms for the last bit of the previous cycle. This cycle you should be fine. You're taking it at the same time and taking it religiously.

Taking the planB at this point is up to you. I don't think you have to, but your piece of mind would be assured if you did. The problem is that it will muck up your cycle and you'lll need to use condoms until it evens out to be safe.

I am not a doctor or nurse. Take this as you will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yaz pill - bleeding during/after intercourse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 21 years old and have been on yaz because for about 5 or 6 months now. I've been having bleeding during/after sex with my partner and cramping for some time after. I also get cramps at about day 14 of the pill. Seems like ovulation but thought you're not meant to ovulate on the pill?...

Missed more than 1 Yaz Pill [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am taking Yaz for my fourth month now, I was taking it just fine, where I missed a pill I just took to the next day as usual and every period was fine. A few weeks ago I missed 2 pills (two days in a row), I took them both early the NEXT day and then much later that night I took...

Yaz Pill- bleeding! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been on Yaz birth control since April 27, 2008 (few weeks ago).. this would be my 3rd week on this pill.. everything is going well with this pill-the only major side effect that I have been getting is some bleeding even after I finished my period which was two weeks ago.. the bleeding...

I have unprotected sex on Friday early morning and I took the morning afther pill on [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex on Friday early morning ( 5.30am or so) and I took the morning afther pill on Monday around 9 or 10 am. A couple days later I got some dark bleeding spots. Is there any chance that I can be pregnant? How soon I can do the pregnancy test to find it out. Thanks

View more questions Search