Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beautygurl1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
    hpv and cancer, no period
    I have hpv and had cancer removed from cervix and now I'm going on four (4) months without a cycle . I've had several pregancy tests done by my family dr. and they've all come up negative ,so cld you please help me find out what I might need to have my dr. check for
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 11:02 PM
    There are no doctors on this site. No doctor would risk their medical license and the hundreds of thousand of dollars they pay for insurance every year, to guess at a diagnosis. Wouldn't be a smart thing to do when you're already $300,000 or more in debt from med school.

Your best bet is your doctor. If you feel he/she is not doing all they can, get a second opinion. You really won't find answers online.

Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 11:06 PM
    Ask your doctor to check your hormone levels, specifically FSH and LH.

Oct 25, 2013, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Ask your doctor to check your hormone levels, specifically FSH and LH.
    What are these two (2) levels and what do they do
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 03:30 AM
    They have effects on many body functions and have effect on your cycle.

Your doctor should know many tests to do, or what other specialized doctor to send you to
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 03:45 AM
    FSH = follicle stimulating hormone and LH = leutinizing hormone. They play a major part in ovulation.

Oct 25, 2013, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    FSH = follicle stimulating hormone and LH = leutinizing hormone. They play a major part in ovulation.
    Thank you very much for your time ill make sure I let my dr. know your thoughts on this issue . I'm just afraid there's something wrong and I may need a hestorectemy is all . I know your not allowed to diagones me over the internet so once again thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if you have any tpye of skin cancer to breast cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

I get this lumps that are painful. They are between my shoulders blades. There are cases were I pass out after feeling real hot. I suffer from unknow pain causes and It hurts to go to the bathroom. I also have trouble with sleeping I sometime go to bed early and when I wake up the next day I feel...

Colon cancer? Ovarion cancer? [ 0 Answers ]

I've been having heavy menstral cycles with blood clot, nausea, watery diahrrea with a little blood in stool, stomach and back pain. Been to er they can't find anything suggested a colonoscopy, I already set an appointment with my doctor for Friday but I'm in pain bad? I don't know what's going on?

Hpv [ 1 Answers ]

Hello doctor Am a female. I had one time unprotected sex with person who has warts in his hand and neck and abdomen. It was anal sex and kissing. My question is , is that warts are HPV, and do I get them from him by touching them and one time having sex. Please do reply . Am so warried about it....

I haven't had a period since the hpv vaccine [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16, never had sex so being pregnant isn't the answer. My last period started on October 4th and lasted 4days. My next period normally is just over a month later And the HPV vaccine was on Nov 9th. It is now December 26th. I'm worried. What's wrong with me?

I have hpv [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?

View more questions Search