Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sudieann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 09:26 PM
    Hernia no longer hard, is that normal?
    I have an umbilical hernia, my dr thinks it has been there since my last pregnancy (two years ago) because I complained of the painfulness of my belly button so much during my pregnancy. However, it didn't bother me after my son was born, so I never thought about or brought it up again (even though my Dr. told me to follow up because she suspected it was a hernia). This past week my navel became very painful and looked smaller than usual, I'm not a big women but my belly button has always been "deep". When I touched it, it felt like a rock under my belly button and it didn't move. When I coughed or laughed it would hurt terribly. So I went to the Dr and she confirmed I have an umbilical hernia. Tonight, however, it's still a little painful but not as bad as it was the past few days and now I can push it in (when before it was stationary). Is this something I should be concerned about? I'm scheduled for surgery next month, should I wait until then to bring it up?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 11:49 PM
    This is really your call, and your doctors. If you're concerned, tell your doctor. There are no doctors on this site, no doctor would risk their medical license, all the years in med school and over $300,000 in fees, not including the yearly insurance costs in the 6 figures, to diagnose online. Anyone that claims to be a doctor online, and diagnoses, is lying. I don't know a single doctor that would do this, or has the time to even post online.

You're obviously concerned about this. So talk to your doctor, bring it up to him/her. There's really nothing you'll find online that will help.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inguinal Hernia, Concieving and Normal Delivery [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé has undergone inguinal hernia on both sides of abdomen. Will that cause any trouble for her in future to conceive and deliver a child? And what are the chances of having a normal child delivary? Or C section is the only way if at all possible??

Longer than normal period [ 0 Answers ]

OK I have been on my period for almost 3 weeks I am on my 3 box of super plus tamons, and when I change my tampon its always full and bright red withclots some big some little its been a heavy flow for about 2 1/2 weeks. My normal period lasts 4 days and out of those 4 days 1 of them is heavy. I...

Period longer than normal [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know why my period are lasting longer than 10days. What can I do about that and I'm trying to get pregnant also.

Why am I having longer period than normal? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 18 years ol, my period is irregular (every other month) before since I started taking birth control pills, my period start normally (monthly) when I'm on birth control. I stopped taking birth control pills 5 months ago. At the time or month that I stopped, the following month, my irregular...

Can your periods be longer than normal? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal for your period to be longer than normal? This is happening to me right now and I'm really worried because, my period has always been the same length... Please help!!

View more questions Search