Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    villlarreald Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 07:33 AM
    Lump in breast
    I have lump in right breast that's getting larger and is causing me lots of pain.. I don't have insurance and don't think I can stand this pain till nov. 25... that's when have appt at clinic... what can I do
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2013, 07:48 AM
    You only have 2 choices Go to a doctor or ER or wait for your appointment. What are you going to do if you need major surgery and no insurance? My wife's breasted cancer surgery and reconstruction was over $100,000
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 07:52 AM
    I had breast cancer. I wouldn't wait for the appointment on the 25th. You need to be seen now.

Oct 24, 2013, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    You only have 2 choices Go to a doctor or ER or wait for your appointment. What are you going to do if you need major surgery and no insurance? My wife's breasted cancer surgery and reconstruction was over 0,000
    That is why I have put it off so long... I can't afford to go to Dr.. thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 08:04 AM
    You need to sto putting it off. If it is breast cancer, immediate treatment is imperative.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by villlarreald View Post
    That is why I have put it off so long... I can't afford to go to Dr.. thanks
    Community health services are low or no cost. Do not delay. Borrow the money. If you are lucky it is a drainable cyst.

Oct 24, 2013, 10:06 PM
    I have scheduled appt but its not till the 25of nov... after all my calls every where I finally found place that can help at low cost thanks to Baptist health system... also thanks to everyone that gave advise
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by villlarreald View Post
    I have scheduled appt but its not till the 25of nov... after all my calls every where I finally found place that can help at low cost thanks to Baptist health system... also thanks to everyone that gave advise
    When it comes to cancer, if that's what this is, which we can't diagnose online, the sooner the treatment, the better. I hate that you can't get a diagnosis because you can't afford it. It's very different where I live, everyone gets a diagnosis and treatment, the government pays. We have one of the top cancer clinics in the world, no cost to those that reside here.

It took me a long time to realize how bad off most Americans are when it comes to their health. Having said that, I will never be in your position, and I'm so grateful for that, but it is what it is, you have to work with what you've got because of where you live. This is your life You need to find out what's going on, the sooner the better.

Do you have family? Can you borrow money from them so you can at least find out what's going on? If treatment is necessary, that family should be willing to pitch in to keep you alive, no matter the cost.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this level of health care. It may as well be care only for the rich. :(

Please find a way to get a diagnosis, or move to Canada, get immigrant status, and get your health care, something that's a necessity, not a luxury, for free.

This is your life. Find out what's going on no matter what. Money can be borrowed. Life can't be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast lump! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a lump in my breast about the size of a golf ball its really hard and visible too. Im only 13 what is it? I have had this for a long time.

Breast lump of 0.5 cm [ 4 Answers ]

I am female of 23 years and I have a small nodule of about 0.5 cm in my right breast. It is movable,round and painless.

Lump in breast! D: [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I just felt this lump on the top of my left breast. I feel something hard when I press down . I feel something different other than when I press down on my right breast. Please help me I'm terrified I really hope this isn't breast cancer.

Lump in breast [ 1 Answers ]

I have this lump in my right breast. Im supposed to be going to the doctor soon, but I am very concerned due to breast cancer and all. It doesn't hurt too bad mainly when I lift my arm up. It has been there for 3 days and I think it has gotten a little bit bigger. I just recently stopped taking my...

Breast lump [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old mother of 2 and I breastfed them both. I started birthcontrol pills about 3 weeks ago and I now have painful lumps in my left breast. Under my arm pit. I don't think that it is cancerous, I believethat I it is related to the because. So what do you think that it is? And what...

View more questions Search