Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emma12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 05:25 AM
    My dog suddenly is lethargic and won't eat.
    Last night she wouldn't get up from her bed but she would drink water. This morning I got her to get up by putting a towel under her belly and helping her up to go out and relieve herself. She urinated okay but her poop was loose and had bright watery blood in it. She came back in and went right back to her bed. She wouldn't take any water. I have been packing to move this month and strangers have been in and out. I know this has caused her stress. Do you think its just the stress, or should I take her to the vet?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Oct 24, 2013, 12:25 PM
    Hi Emma,

Your dog needs to see the vet - NOW. With her other symptoms it could indicate something serious.

Stress won't cause bloody diarrhea.

Good luck.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2013, 09:24 PM
    How old is this dog? Is it a puppy? Young adult? Or mature adult?

Bloody diarrhea is never a good thing. It can be caused by a lot of viruses, parasites and yes sometimes stress.

Your pet needs to see a vet. Dehydration can happen over night with sick dogs. Dehydration is the number one killer with sick pets.

This could be more than a belly ache... See a vet now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very lethargic, won't go for a walk and won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

For 24 hours or so my 1 year old daschund has been out of sorts; very lethargic. Won't eat and doesn't want to go outside for his business or a walk

Dog is lethargic and won't drink [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old Boxer that has been lethargic all day and I don't think she has drank anything all day either. I took her temp earlier and it was fine (101.3). I just can't sleep worrying about her not knowing if I should be taking her to the ER vet. Her gums are pink, she doesn't seem to be...

Lethargic Shih tzu won't eat or play [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, we just bought a 7 week old shih tzu today. It was quite docile at the breeder but we figured it was just his personality. He seemed to get lively a couple of times in the car, sitting up and panting but that was the most. We brought him home and spent a few hours with him and he wouldn't...

Lethargic Puppy Boxer won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a puppy Boxer who is very lethargic and won't eat, He just want to sleep all day. What should I do

View more questions Search