Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadyacres Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 09:18 PM
    How to repair a maytag dryer BELT
    I have taken my dryer apart. I don't know how to put the belt back on. Where do I place the belt.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2013, 09:27 PM
    I will assume you took the belt off?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 02:30 AM
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...m=122&ie=UTF-8

you should be able to find out here. good luck
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Here are some manuals: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...g%20Dryers.zip
    Since it has run long enough to wear out the belt it needs cleaning, too. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. Get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manuals.
    Look at: How to clean your clothes dryer. How to make it hot again. - YouTube to see how to tear it down. Also: Mr. Appliance Tips: How to Clean Your Dryer - YouTube ; Cleaning a Dryer Vent and Lint Trap - YouTube
    Electric Clothes Dryers
    Whirlpool Dryer Model LE5800XSW3 Wiring Diagram | Dryer Repair | Fixitnow.com Samurai Appliance Repair Man
    The job is very easy for anyone to do. Just get it out into your garage or somewhere you will have plenty of space. Pop the top and unplug the wiring harness, then you can see where the screws are that hold on the front. You will need to unplug the door switch. You should lay it on its back to make it easier to work on before pulling off front. Make sure to clean it very well and don't miss the duct on the door going to filter or the other ducts in the rear, and the blower wheel and housing which is very, very important. A clog of cement-like lint build up can hide anywhere. Don't be afraid to take apart anything to be able to look inside and clean it. One missed place will necessitate doing all this again and no one wants to redo something. Grease all support rollers with white lithium grease and reassemble and you have a new dryer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I access Maytag dryer belt? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag MD9606 Dryer with a squeaky belt, how do I repair it?

Maytag Dryer PYE2300AYW drum won't turn. Suspect belt. How to change belt? [ 2 Answers ]

My Maytag Dryer PYE2300AYW suddenly stopped rotating. The drum won't turn. I suspect a broken belt. Is it difficult and how would I go about changing belt?

Maytag dryer repair [ 1 Answers ]

How to open a maytag dryer to replace a belt

Maytag dryer belt [ 1 Answers ]

How to change a dryer belt on a Maytage, including diagram.

View more questions Search