Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Giggle_box16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Questions about pharyngitis
    The dr to me I had pharyngitis and I've been taking the antibiotic but not been taking the Motrin she prescribed and now I'm having pain (almost like just being sore) in my shoulders and neck and a little bit in my jaw is this normal? I have had mono 2 and strep throat I can even count so I'm kind of wondering if this is really pharyngitis or if it's mono again.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 07:14 AM
    Why do you doubt your doctor's diagnosis. More pertinent is why you're asking a random group of anonymous internet dwellers, who have precious little medical training, as a second guess of your doctor. The motrin was probably to help with the pain you're experiencing. You're not taking it, so you're experiencing pain.

I don't see why it wouldn't be pharyngitis.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 24, 2013, 07:30 AM
    I've had similar jaw, neck, shoulder stiffness and soreness from flu, mono, and Lyme disease. It's common. The Lyme was the worst as far as my jaw not working.

Any medical condition ending in '-itis' is somewhat catch all, because '-itis' just means inflammation. Sure, you could have more than an inflamed pharynx. Mono includes swollen lymph nodes around the back of the head, under the jaw, and so on, so did the doctor feel all around? Did you tell her you've had mono?
    Take the Motrin and continue with the antibiotics, and let the doctor's office know if anything is unusual or might have been missed.
    YOU need to be the informed patient. Read all about the conditions a doctor tells you you have, but keep trust in your doctor unless you have reason not to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free answers to my Valiant Combi boiler questions questions [ 0 Answers ]

My Valiant Combi boiler keeps firing up every 10 minutes and won't stop how can I control this please Thanks Diana

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Me and my boyfriend play 20 questions and I need questions [ 3 Answers ]

We play 20 questions a lot and I ran out of questions help

View more questions Search