Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pizett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 08:09 PM
    Ideas for reducing depth deep end concrete swimming pool
    I have a rectangle concrete in-ground pool with an 8ft deep end that I want to reduce the depth to 4.5ft also. There is a main drain on bottom of deep end. I am also trying to figure out the most cost effective quality way to fill in the deep end. How might you do this all the while still allowing the main drain to function properly? The pool is old 1980 and I probably need to have it re-plastered or what ever the other options are at the same time I decide to take the steps of reducing the depth. I am open to any ideas please.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2013, 07:43 AM
    Not a lot of choice with a concrete pool. The drain is easy, elevate it. Filling the pool with concrete is the best way but bonding and extra weight may be an issue. Contact a pool company and let them give you some suggestions. I have seen some concepts of high density poly foam and lightweight concrete.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the next step after filling in the deep end of an inground pool with cement? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the next step after filling in the deep end of an inground pool with cement? Does it need to be sealed?

Concrete patio depth [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having a concrete patio poured that is 760 sq. ft. I need to confirm what the depth should be. I thought I read 6" but my contractor is telling me all I need is 4" for a patio. It's not like we'll have a car parked on it. It will have an outdoor kitchen and firepit though. Can someone...

Changing the depth of the deep end of the pool [ 4 Answers ]

We have a in ground pool the deep end is 9ft. We would like to change that to 5ft. How do you suggest we do that. We would like to fill in the hopper 3-4 ft. What do we use to do this? Sand, dirt or both? How do we finish the floor. Cement or a combination of cement and something else? ...

Swimming Deep [ 1 Answers ]

When I swim deep (10 feet or more) my sinus (in between my eyes) begins to hurt and I can hear a high pitched squeak. I would like to be able to swim deep without having this pain. How can I fix this?:(

View more questions Search