Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donald Randall Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 01:41 PM
    How do I remove a conduit from Windows Vista?
    My Avast security system is unable to turn on the virus control because I am told the programming has a conduit. What do I have to do to remove the conduit?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 23, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Who is telling you this and on what kind of machine are you trying to use it on ?
    Donald Randall Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 07:44 PM
    After an Avast update the Microsoft malware virus protection showed as off and would not come back on. I spoke with a rep from Avast for about 45 minutes and he went through a lot of stuff and told me I had a conduit preventing my virus protection from going on. He finally advised me that for $100.+ they could remove the conduit and I told him my brother could probably remove it for free. About 10 minutes after I hung up the phone my windows malware/virus protection came back on.
    I don't know if my Avast protection removed the conduit by itself or if the rep fixed it after I declined payment.
    It works properly now and I thank you for your response.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 1, 2013, 05:20 AM
    To be honoust.

I do not like Avast. Have many customer come in with infections although they had avast installed.

I would uninstall Avast and Install AVG Free

Grant Hills

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does windows eight work on 32 bit windows vista [ 8 Answers ]

Trying to see if explorer 8 is compatible with my 32 bit windows vista

I have windows Vista, and I can't open files designated to Windows Media Center? [ 9 Answers ]

I have Windows Vista, which came with this computer, And occasionally get files from my daughter's school designated to Windows Media Center, which I can't open in anything. There seems to be nowhere to open it in Media Center, but when I click it... that's where it takes me. Very frustrating.

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

View more questions Search