Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surebusy360 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 09:36 AM
    Breathing difficulty
    I had ear surgery and prosthesis. Two weeks later I went to hospital for 105 fever that had me admitted for a week w/intensive care for 3 days. Now I still have lung issues. Shortness of breath and if I exercise I feel like there is an obstruction on my right side between stomach and lungs. Doctors will not say if I contracted something at first visit to hospital and they have indicated my condition resembled pneumonia. Why am I feeling like there is something restricting my breathing? I have been in recovery for 3 months. Do the lungs need to regain their ability to process air? Sometimes I find myself catching by breath. It has been 3 months since ear surgery.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
    I strongly suggest that you go to another medical center (not another doctor in the same place) for a second opinion. I'm not saying you were given a run around post surgery, just that doctors don't always admit or spell out what can go wrong.
    I can imagine infection getting from your ear to your lungs. I had chronic bronchitis for months, resistant to all the newest antibiotics, related to an infected jaw that no one could diagnose until I went to a periodontist. Sometimes you do have to shop around.
    I'm not at all saying that what YOU are experiencing is in any way similar. For all you know, you have a condition totally unrelated to your ear surgery. We couldn't possibly even guess what that might be.
    surebusy360 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 09:47 AM
    The 2nd stay was at a different hospital then ear surgery. Now I am thinking I should get another Dr. that specializes in rehabilitative medicine? I came away with afib and blood thinners too.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 23, 2013, 09:49 AM
    That doesn't change my response. Get a second opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty in Breathing [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Maam/Sir. I just want to ask about something very important. It really worries me. I am Angelica. Whenever the weather changes, I experience difficulty of breathing, and yet I didn't know if I have an asthma or anything. I researched about this too many times. When it's sunny day and...

Difficulty breathing and wheezing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 16 almost 17 year old Yorshire male dog. He started wheezing a week ago but then it got worse. He really struggles to breath and wheezes loudly. I took him to the vet and he said that he is as healthy as can be. Strong heart, no fever, no indication of problems with his nose, he...

Breathing difficulty in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 week old puppies and the last three were born 8 & 9 hours after the others. They were all three males and I have alredy lost two of them and now the other is sick. I live in a small country town and when the first one began to have breathing difficulties we asked the local vet here what...

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Difficulty in breathing [ 2 Answers ]

Good day to you all. I am a 43-old female. I have been diagnosed with Mixed Connective tissues diorder seven years ago. I have been through different phases, non was severe, but all annoying-enough. Working in addition to all social obligtions as a wife and mother, and most of the time you keep it...

View more questions Search