Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruzncustoms Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
    My lease signer leaving
    My ex girlfriend, ended up leaving our apartment, she signed the one year lease for our place... she said she talked to the landlord and she took her off the lease, even though the lease doesn't end until sept 07... She refuses to pay anything towards the place... what can I do... or what should I do, I have never had to deal with this before... Please someone I need suggestions... Thank you...
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 29, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Is your name on the lease at all? If not, move out, you don't have to stay there. The landlord can take her off the lease, but I doubt she can put you on it without your permission.

Mar 29, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzncustoms
    My ex girlfriend, ended up leaving our apartment, she signed the one year lease for our place... she said she talked to the landlord and she took her off the lease, even though the lease doesnt end til sept 07... She refuses to pay anything towards the place... what can i do... or what should i do, i have never had to deal with this before...Please someone i need suggestions...Thank you...
    I am number one on the lease and she is the co- tenant... She just upped and left me with everything... We physically signed a one year lease... And she said she talked to the landlord and she told my ex that she will be off today... is that possible... She left me high and dry and rent is due Monday... What can I do... I tryied calling the landlord but she never returns my calls...
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Honestly I would be honest with your landlady, tell her that since you are alone now you cannot afford the rent, so can she either reduce the rent (since she let a co tenant leave) or let you out of the lease too. Put it in writing to her, and keep a copy.

Mar 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzncustoms
    My ex girlfriend, ended up leaving our apartment, she signed the one year lease for our place... she said she talked to the landlord and she took her off the lease, even though the lease doesnt end til sept 07... She refuses to pay anything towards the place... what can i do... or what should i do, i have never had to deal with this before...Please someone i need suggestions...Thank you...
    Would I still get my $1000 security deposit back from her if I terminated it early, but doing that ruins my renting references... also I heard that if one person leaves it opens up the landlord to ghet rid of all tenants is that true...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a co-signer buy out a lease if I don't sign off on it? [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate and I haven't gotten along since we moved in together. Today she left a letter in the mail for me stating that if I didn't agree to sign her name off the lease in 30 days her dad was going to buy out our lease and kick me out. We rent from an apartment complex and all three of our names...

Removing name as Co-signer on a mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I signed on to a mortgage as a co-signer and I will like to know how I can immediately go about having my name removed from the mortgage? Such as what steps do I need to take and who should I contact? Also would the other party be able to prevent me from removing my name? And what obstacles should...

Garnishments and signer only [ 1 Answers ]

I received a garnishment on a customer and the accounts they are on show this person as a signer on the account. Am I able to take funds if they are a signer only or do they have to be an owner on the account?

Rights to Co-Signer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about the rights of a co-signer. I am looking to get about a $100,000 first time home buyers loan. My father wants to be a co-signer on the loan. I know that if I can't pay the mortgage off, he will be the one to take on the bill. However, what other rights would he have to...

Fees for leaving lease early [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am leaving my year lease after only 7 months, I realize that I am required to pay until either someone else rents the apartment or my lease runs out. I gave my landlord 30 days notice and he has agreed to advertise to find someone else to rent the apartment. Here are my questions. Can he...

View more questions Search