Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jebbeskotte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2013, 04:43 PM
    How to connect a ground wire to a hot tub
    This past winter my hot tub pipes froze and so I replaced the full piping, long story short there was a copper wire/rod that was loosely laying in by the electrical panel. The person who was helping me fix the pipes threw away the rod however, there is a place on the electrical panel that says "ground wire". I am thinking it was suppose to be inserted into this, tightened and laid on the back panel of the hot tub. IS there a need for this or should I try to find a copper wire and connect it? Or is there something I can use in place of the missing rod?

Any help will be great. Would like to get this up and running for the winter.
    Thanks
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 06:18 PM
    Have a licensed electrician look at this installation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring my hot tub neutral and ground in a 4 wire 240v situation [ 1 Answers ]

Can I run a neutral wire from my main panel bar which has both neutral (white) and bare grounds on it to 1 of 2 bars in a spa pack box containing a 50 amp gfci and 2 separate ground/neutral bars without this causing a fault and tripping my gfci? The 2nd bar in the pack I plan to use a equipment...

Ground wire to Hot tub [ 7 Answers ]

When I hook up the ground wire to the bar on the hot tub it trips the GFI but when I run it without the ground its runs but gives a little shock when you come in contact with a object outside the tub. I dubble checked the wireing from the main to the GFI and it is wired to spec, is there a fult...

Can 6/3 plus ground be used to wire hot tub indoors [ 2 Answers ]

I am wiring in a Hot Tub. I sent my brother to the electrical supply store and told him I need 100' of 6/4 wire. He came home with 6/3 plus ground NM wire. The ground doesn't need to be shielded wire to feed a GFI as long as it is indoors does it?

Can I use a ground wire for a ground and live black or hot wire at the same time? [ 8 Answers ]

I only have 3 wires from my ceiling to connect to my fan/light, the black, white and bare ground. No problems setting up in this room to only one switch but I would like to have the duel fan/light switch in like in my other rooms without having to pull a wire from the ceiling down to the switch,...

Where to connect thr ground wire [ 8 Answers ]

My ceiling box has two holes that my wiring comes out of. The first hole has one white and one red. The white wire splits into the two neutral white wires. The second hole has one yellow and a second red wire. The yellow wire splits into the two hot black wires. The red from the first hole...

View more questions Search