Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idontwanttodie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 05:53 PM
    Acetaminophen overdose
    18 years old, 120 pounds. I accidentally took 2000 mg of acetaminophen. It said 1 every 4 hours, I don't know why I thought it said 4 every 1 hour. Anyway I realized the mistake and induced vomiting within 30 minutes of taking the pills. It's been 2 hours since and I've been drinking a lot of water. I feel fine but a bit anxious because I'm worried. Will I be all right?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 06:06 PM
    You need to go to the hospital to be evaluated. You very well could be damaging your kidneys.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 06:08 PM
    The normal dosage for acetaminophen is 650 - 1000 mg every 4 hours. An overdose is listed as 4000mg per 24 hours. You should be fine.

Check this web page out
    Acetaminophen overdose: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Should be fine is the operative word. New guidelines are 3 grams, or 3,000 mg in a 24 hour period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydrocodon acetaminophen 10-500 [ 0 Answers ]

What is the acetaminophen in with the hydrocodone.

Overdose [ 2 Answers ]

I've taken 2 snti depressent and 5 dipiclone am I in danger

The synthesis of acetaminophen [ 2 Answers ]

In the synthesis of acetaminophen please explain why the amide final product does NOT undergo hydrolysis via water in the presence of the acetic acid by-product. As part of your answer show the amide hydrolysis of your product under the reaction conditions that it would occur.

Acetaminophen free cough medicine [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I have a cold and cough. Does anybody know of a cough medicine that has cough suppressants and decongestants instead of acetaminophen in it? Since Nyquill reformulated last year and now has 500 mg acetaminophen in a dose, again I take enough of it that my wife and I can get some sleep, I am...

View more questions Search