Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    It's likely this job could run k easily so joy might be right, might not be worth the $$. I'd still get an estimate and then talk with a realtor about options. Market is improving but there is a builder in Wheaton who specializes in tear downs. He bought about 20 in the last 5 years, half are still sitting as rentals.
    My son had gotten a quote (a few years ago) for jacking up the house to pour a new foundation -- $17K. I just emailed him the company name, and he emailed back to thank you and said he would call. There are narrow stairs going to the attic, and he wrote, "From my own research, it's more a combination of sagging floor joists and lack of support under the 'stairs' leading to the attic."

He also needs to deal with the crumbling mortar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brand new home foundation is cracking everywhere and missing mortar in some places [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone,I am a first time homebuyer that just purchased a brand new home and I have many cracks in my foundation in the interior and exterior and in the cement floor in my basement also I can see missing mortar between the cinder blocks and sunlight coming right though and on the outside I...

Can I use liquid nail as mortar for foundation blocks [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use liquid nail as mortar for foundation blocks and which one to usa

Foundation mortar [ 1 Answers ]

What type of mortar should be used with concrete blocks for a one story house?

Looks like lime is chalking mortar joints in foundation. [ 1 Answers ]

Looks like lime is chalking and flaking off in the mortar joints of my foundation. It is not happening everywhere just in a few locations. Is there a way to seal this or how would I repair this problem. It is only happening in the garage in a couple of placs. Thanks

Mortar in brick foundation [ 3 Answers ]

There are several bricks in my foundation where the mortar has turned to powder and washed away. Is a professional required to fix this, or is this a job I can tackle myself? Thank you.

View more questions Search