Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Mar 29, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Suggestions needed
    Now that I know I'm pregnant, although there is still a lot going on with that, but how in the hell do I tell my parents.. they both flipped when I was pregnant with my son.. they both told me they wanted me to have an abortion, however now they regret telling me that. I'm so nervous to tell them cause my family is my world and I don't like being a disappointment to them.. my boyfriend is obviously very supportive and said if I can't tell them he would and I know he would never leave me or not help me but its so hard...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Grit your teeth, say a prayer to the great Mother Goddess and go for it ! You know your parents better then we do, so I don't know what can be said. Good luck, though, you will need it, we all do in times of indecision.
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 29, 2007, 01:28 PM
    I Don't Understand Why You Can't Tell Them. It's Not Like You Don't Have A Supportive Bf. Do U Guys Live With Your Parents? How Old Are You? If You Don't Mind Me Asking. But Either Way You Should Just Tell Them. They Are Going To Find Out Sooner Or Later. You Have The Child's Fathers Support That Should Be All You Really Need.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Let your son do it... buy him a shirt that says Im going to be the big brother... no one can get mad at a kid... they will most likely be overjoyed!
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 30, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Brianne I know how you feel girl, in fact before yesterday I was actually going to ask how your parents would react if you told tehm you were pregnant again. Look at the end of the day what can they say its too late now although I would just wait till you know for definite that you are pregnant and everything is OK. Keep your chin up sweet cheeks
    zelda Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2007, 01:15 PM
    You just have to let them know that its you and your family now.. they should be happy to have grandchildren.. if they flip out just let them know that you and your husband are very happy and that you want them to be happy too and who knows they may not flip out anyway they may be even happier this time
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Apr 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Just to give everyone an update my told my parents last night and as I suspected my parents both totally flipped out... but there's nothing that can be done..
    macrolover Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Apr 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brianneelizabeth
    just to give everyone an update my told my parents last night and as i suspected my parents both totally flipped out... but theres nothing that can be done..
    You're right... there is nothing you can do about your parents lack of respect for YOUR family. My mom was in the same boat. She is welsh and married my father who is persian. My aunts called me "the n word" when I was 4 or 5 years old. They also told my mom when she was pregnant with my younger sister that she should have an abortion.
    You shouldn't settle for anything less than 100% support from them. If they come around... good for them. If they don't, cut them out of your life. You'll only be better off. It's not healthy to have such incredible negativity surrounding you. If you let them continue to hurt you and create drama, it will suck for your kids and put pressure on your relationship with your boyfriend.
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Apr 4, 2007, 10:17 AM
    How do you feel? Is everything OK? I've been trying to talk to you on MSN for some time but no reply...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any more suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't started anything to lighten my under arms. I have been reading all your experieces and greatly appreiate your input. I'm medium/dark tan skin and have pretty dark underarms, knees and inner thighs. This has always been an issue for me and have waited too long to do something about...

Suggestions? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't get along with a sister who is a year and half older than me, I am having problems with my parents with communicating, the youngest sister doesn't like talking to me and is hostile towards me when I try to involve her or get invloved with things with her, and the oldest sister I don't...

Interior Wall&Ceiling Paint ? - suggestions needed for repairs! [ 5 Answers ]

We recently had to do some remodeling in my living room to accommodate an electrical switch, overhead light, and 2 wall sconses. This included a contractor making several holes in my ceiling and walls and repairing the holes with drywall. The drywall looks great, however when he came back to...

View more questions Search