Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanny_2006 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Confused about my career path
    I didn't get to do the subjects that qualified me to go into the medical field and now I'm confused. Instead I ended up doing the arts and now I have to choose a career that matches the arts. So I have to now become a journalist or reporter and I don't really want to do that. I want to become a veterinarian but I just don't have the subjects to do that course, I don't have the science subjects. I didn't get to do them because my math grade was low.

Should I just end up giving up my dream and just become something that I don't want?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 01:27 PM
    So go back and become one, take a few classes at a time. Go into some other field with animals, even start working as a tech for a vet.
    No one "HAS" to do any job, you only settle if you don't want to do what it takes to do what you want
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
    It is a long hard road to become a Vetrinarian, much longer then becoming a doctor, as I undersand it. You could always work in a vets office as an assistant to see if you would like that type of occupation. Please pick a profession that you will enjoy and not just anything, you will thank yourself in the long run.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 01:33 PM
    You are not locked into a certain career because of the courses you took. True, certain jobs will require that you took certain subjects.

I may be incorrect, but I am assuming that you graduated. If you did graduate, just that fact alone looks good to potential employers. Also, being in the arts is not a drawback either for employment.

In the arts, frequently there will have been clubs or organizations to which you may have belonged - band, orchestra, art club, etc. There may even have been publications for those organizations to which you were a part.

If you were in music in high school and college, you might have gone to contests and received high rankings for solos or groups.

Mentioning these things on a resume looks good to potential employers. It shows that you went beyond the academic expectations of the institution.

I don't know what your life or work situation is right now other than what you have already posted. But, if you can, I would get a job and attend somewhere locally to get the schooling you need so that you can become a veterinarian, since you have mentioned that is what you want to be.

You can always improve your math skills. Just takes practice like anything else.

Please don't give up your dreams or your hopes! They are the foundations of the beginning of success!

The rest is just how much effort you want to put into something, and practice.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Forgot to mention, you could always work in an animal shelter or for a breeder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right path? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Can you tell me if I'm doing the right thing in disrupting my relationship with a male friend of mine? Like, what would be the probable outcome of this relationship if I try to keep it through the next year? Thank you very much for your help on this Salamander

Network path [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to connect my website to Dreamweaver and it asks how do you want to connect if I select Local Network it then asks What is the Network path, what does this mean? Kevin

Going down the same path? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so I ended a relationship with a guy about a year ago.. We were together for almost 2 years and lived together and were practically perfect for each other, or so I thought. Growing up I lived with a single mom who lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn't ever afford much. I got my first job...

Correct career path? Need advice [ 4 Answers ]

For a long time I have wanted to be a fashion designer. I'm afraid that I might not be successful both financially and spiritually. Sometimes I feel like I don't have the abilities to make it. Have I chose the correct career path? Please give me some advice.

View more questions Search