Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shondav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 06:42 AM
    Hives
    My 6 year old daughter came down with a fever over a week ago Saturday. She started vomiting Early Monday morning and preceded to be sick with fever and vomiting through Thursday. She has had a nagging little cough that appeared through all of this but not severe enough to be treated. I sent her to school last Friday and everything went good. We got up Saturday morning and everything seemed OK, went with her dad and brother to eat breakfast at McDonalds. She came home and laid down in my bed while I was getting ready and started saying that there was a lot of blood in her finger and it was beeping. I didn't really pay much attention to it until I walked around the corner and seen her face had some red marks on it? Then I looked at her hands and discovered she had hives. I did notice after that she had a low grade fever. I gave her benedryl for hives and they went away for day, She woke up Sunday morning everything fine and then gradually hives started to appear. Same thing today Monday, I made her get ready for school and now hives started to appear although she has no more signs of fever since Saturday morning? I don't know what to do with her, she says when she coughs she has something in her throat, I ask her if her throat hurts and she says no there is just something there then she coughs and says "oh its gone now"? Please help me!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 06:45 AM
    It sounds like it might possibly be Hand Foot and Mouth. Take her to the pediatrician to be sure. We cannot diagnose via the internet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 06:48 AM
    We can't see her and examine her -- and we aren't doctors who can diagnose. You're going to have to take her to a doctor to check her out and to look at her throat. This has been going on too long. It's time someone looks at the whole picture and not just treat symptoms as they pop up...
    shondav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 01:08 PM
    I don't have insurance or I would have taken her last week and I would not be asking an online help desk if I didn't desperately need help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shondav View Post
    I don't have insurance or I would have taken her last week and I would not be asking an online help desk if I didn't desperately need help?
    We can't tell you what is going on. Take her to the ER or to a walk-in clinic. You don't need insurance for that. (How has she gotten any medical care so far?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The hives [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I have the hives and have a few questions cause I've never had them before,: 1. is there anything that helps you to not itch while you sleep? 2. How long does it last? 3. Should I go to school with hives? 4. What could be causing my hives?

Hives? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 23 year old woman, and for the past three weeks or so I have had itching red marks all over my body from the neck down. The red marks are fairly large in some places, about the size of my thumbnail, and are terribly itchy. They are also all dry to the touch. I've been stressed a lot...

Hives [ 0 Answers ]

A week and 2 days ago I developed swelling & redness in both my feet to the point it was very painful to walk. I also had extreme swelling, redness & pain in my right thumb. I developed red, itchy hives all over my body. I was given a steroid shot 5 days ago, which calmed the symptoms but now it is...

Hives [ 1 Answers ]

I broke out in hives/rash today. It affected my hands, arms, back, and scalp at first. I went to the clinic, got a shot of cortisone, and it was relieved, but never really went away. Now, about 6 hours later, the hives have lessened on the former areas, but are spreadinng to thighs and my tongue...

Do I have hives? What is this? [ 29 Answers ]

I arrived in Maine on Tuesday, June 10 to visit grandparents. They have outdoor cats but I have been her many times before and nothing like this has ever happened. Yesterday, I started getting little itchy bumps of what I thought were mosquito bites. They looked and acted just the same. They...

View more questions Search