Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xavier1313 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Pain in right middle finger
    Every night while sleeping my right middle finger aches and stiffens I can bend it then it feels like it snaps when I straighten it out it also straightens in slow motion. It feels better after I stir around for a while but always has pain. And when I sleep same thing over again.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 20, 2013, 04:37 AM
    It's possible that the problem is in your wrist - a sore, stiff muscle or tendon that tightens in the night and made worse by how you sleep on that arm, perhaps.
    Are you right handed, and if so, what do you use that hand for all day? Computer work by any chance?
    Buy a good quality compression glove and wear it all the time, including sleep.
    I could write all day about how people misuse their computer mousing hand and end up with carpal tunnel and various inflammations and pain. Answer back if that might be it.

This suggestion of course is just that - not a diagnosis. You need to be examined in person for that.
    xavier1313 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2013, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    It's possible that the problem is in your wrist - a sore, stiff muscle or tendon that tightens in the night and made worse by how you sleep on that arm, perhaps.
    Are you right handed, and if so, what do you use that hand for all day? Computer work by any chance?
    Buy a good quality compression glove and wear it all the time, including sleep.
    I could write all day about how people misuse their computer mousing hand and end up with carpal tunnel and various inflammations and pain. Answer back if that might be it.

This suggestion of course is just that - not a diagnosis. You need to be examined in person for that.
    Thank you so much for responding!my wrist feels fine although inside my palm hurts. I don't use the computer a lot but I am right handed. Will try the compression glove and see if that helps. Again thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 20, 2013, 05:26 PM
    You could have a pulley or seed ganglion that isn't visible above the palm:

The Hand Clinic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injured middle finger and wrist [ 1 Answers ]

I injured my middle finger and wrist by falling a month ago, I didn't go to the doctor because I could move them and didn't seem broke. Well my finger is still swollen at the joint and a little curved and my wrist hurts when I push against it. Should I spend the money for exrays and see a doctor?...

Numb Middle Finger [ 3 Answers ]

My middle finger on my right hand is numb... it's been this way all day, so far about 14 hours. I was sewing this morning...

What that bulge on the top of my hand between pont and middle finger could be [ 0 Answers ]

Back in December after doing some big cleaning I've noticed that a bulge poped out between 2 joints below point and middle fingers on the top of my right hand. It was bluish at first and was hurting when squeezing. It does not hurt now and blue is gone but it still there. My physician believes...

Ring on left middle finger of female [ 9 Answers ]

Does wearing a ring (only ring she wears)on the left middle finger indicate anything about her sexuality for a single female?

The history of the middle finger [ 11 Answers ]

The history of the middle finger Well, now... here's something I never knew before, and now that I know it, feel compelled to send it on to my more intelligent friends in the hope that they, too, will feel edified. Isn't history more fun when you know something about it? Before the Battle of...

View more questions Search