Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennyorteg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2013, 03:14 PM
    PV=nRT
    At decompression stop 1, I noticed the bubbles were quite small as I exhaled them. My eternal pressure gage read 1500 mmHg. My external temperature gauge read 40 degrees F. What was the volume of the bubble at this depth I wondered? What about the volume at decompression stop 2, where my external pressure gauge read 1000 mmHg. My external temperature gauge read 45 degrees F? What about the volume at decompression stop, where my external pressure gauge read 950 mmHg. My external temperature gauge read 55 degrees F. What about the volume at the surface, where the external pressure was 1 atm and the external temperature was 68 degrees F.

Calculate the volume of the air bubble exhaled at each decompression stop and the surface, assuming I exhaled 1 mole of gasses combined.

1) Decompression stop 1

2) Decompression stop 2

3) Decompression stop 3

4) Surface

Can you guys help me Im really tired and getting frustrated with this question, I go to a big university so I don't really have any friends in my chem class. I can't seem to get this I keep getting half answers, thanks!
    neodarwinian Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 06:58 PM
    1 mole gas/4 stops = 0.25 moles

Convert Fahrenheit to Kelvin by going through the Fahrenheit to Celsius conversions and use the 62.36 L*torr/mol*K ( torr = mm Hg directly)

Then, PV =n(moles)RT..

Plug and chug.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PV/nRT versus P graph [ 2 Answers ]

PV/nRT versus P graph

View more questions Search