Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    520dnm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2013, 09:55 AM
    Journal entries for repossession of installment sale of property of s corporation
    Had installment sale of house and land, it was repossessed and now used as rental in corporation. I figured the new basis, balance of installment sale but where do I post the difference. Example - balance a/r installment sale $100,000, basis of reposed property to be used as rental - $20,000. Where do the remaining $80,000 go since it will be a profit to the corp.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Oct 20, 2013, 05:20 AM
    You are missing unrealized gross profit, cost of instalment sales as well as the estimated market value on the date of repo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installment method journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

ABC INC SOLD 1,250,000 machine to XYZ INC on OCT 15th for $ 150,000 down and 10 monthly payments of $ 110,000 Machine COST ABC $ 500,000 Show OCT 15th Entry with CASH PAYMENT of $ 150,000 Hint Use Installment method and Defer GROSS MARGIN SHow NOV 15th entry if $ 220,000 paid instead of $ 110,000 ...

Tax reporting of inherited property on an installment sale? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the deal. Father owned land that he had sold on an installment sale in 1996. Father passed-away March 2010 and I inherited the property. The purchaser from the original installment sale is now making the payments to me. The balance remaining on the note at the time of father's passing is...

What are the journal entries made to close a s corporation [ 8 Answers ]

To close a S corporation, one must zero out the balance sheet. Could someone go over the journal entries to do this? Specifically, what is the journal entry to close retained earnings, especially if it is negative?

Journal entries for sale of property [ 4 Answers ]

I need to record a journal entry in the following scenario: 1. Sale of property which we have an existing loan on. 2. We will carry the loan for the property to the new owner for one year. 3. We will continue making payments on our loan. The legal paperwork is called a "Wrap-Around Note". ...

Installment Sale Real Property [ 2 Answers ]

I need help re: tax forms for 2007 In 2007 I sold a piece of undeveloped real estate for $20000, initial cost was $32,500 in 1984. I received 10, 000 down payment (expenses of sale were $4604) in 2007. I am carrying the contract for the remaining 190,000 interest 4.86%. I am to receive...

View more questions Search