Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 10:51 AM
    You need to end this. This all sounds very one sided. It is not a healthy relationship
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eme30 View Post
    I actually really love him, that's why I am the one making an adjustment towards our relation, I alwys try to understands him but sometimes it makes me tired the way he act like this to me, whenever he is away I spend all of my time talking to him online so he won't feel being alone, as he alwys mentioned to me that's he's been alone since his girl friend passed away 4 years ago, even at night I only sleep for like 4 hours as he wants me to spend time with him as u know time difference but I did not mind at all sleeping late.. I'm just doing my best for him but it looks like he is controlling me much. Thank you
    He needs to learn how to change that feeling for himself. Have you ever heard of feeling alone in a crowded room? No matter how many people are around or talking to him, he will still have that feeling until he lets the loneliness go. He needs to strengthen his support for himself.

He is using you as a crutch. Instead of learning how to walk on his own feet again, he is expecting you to be his sole support. He is making you carry his weight and your own. That is not fair to you. It is endangering your health.

Sometimes, when we love someone we have to back up and give them room to stand on their own. Encourage him to get help so that he is a partner and giving back as much energy as he is draining away.
    eme30 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    He needs to learn how to change that feeling for himself. Have you ever heard of feeling alone in a crowded room? No matter how many people are around or talking to him, he will still have that feeling until he lets the loneliness go. He needs to strengthen his support for himself.

He is using you as a crutch. Instead of learning how to walk on his own feet again, he is expecting you to be his sole support. He is making you carry his weight and your own. That is not fair to you. It is endangering your health.

Sometimes, when we love someone we have to back up and give them room to stand on their own. Encourage him to get help so that he is a partner and giving back as much energy as he is draining away.
    Thank you everyone I really appreciates all your riplies, now since he never talked to me since Thursday night I should just let him on his own for a moment, and I'll try to ask him to get some help. Thanks again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 11:54 AM
    Just tell him to grow up and get over it.

PS, And don't bring that BS to you again.

You ain't his mama or his pet.

When you allow bad behavior or disrespect you get more of it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 11:55 AM
    I'll try to ask him to get some help.
    And when he says. "Help? There's nothing wrong with me!" then what will you say?

Time to break up and then ignore his calls?

Oct 19, 2013, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And when he says. "Help? There's nothing wrong with me!" then what will you say?

Time to break up and then ignore his calls?
    I should just have probably a nice talk and make him understand how I feel about all this. Hope he'll understands me towards this...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
    I should just have probably a nice talk and make him understand how I feel about all this. Hope he'll understands me towards this...
    And if he doesn't? (I don't think a "nice talk" will work.)

Does he really want to understand you?

Oct 19, 2013, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And if he doesn't? (I don't think a "nice talk" will work.)

Does he really want to understand you?
    I'm not sure he'll going to understands me, let see how it goes I keep you guys posted.. till now I never call him or send him messages and I never heard anything from him at all.. I need space from him its better this way we not talking at least I can clear up my mind and think of all this. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The misunderstanding. [ 2 Answers ]

Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife. Tearfully, she explained, "It's the druggist. He insulted me terribly this morning on the phone. I had to call multiple times before he would even answer the phone." Immediately, the husband drove downtown to confront the...

License wrongfully taken in misunderstanding with cop. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my license back? It was revoked by Traffic Court who stated I presented my brother's license. I was found guilty even though I had my license in the car that we shared. Its been two years.

Misunderstanding my post [ 22 Answers ]

I think that experts on this board have been misunderstanding the question that I asked about the nature of terrorism. I am not trying to figure out whether we did the right thing in invading Iraq to stop the terrorists or should have gone after them elsewhere. That is a fait acompli, and...

Misunderstanding in friendship [ 2 Answers ]

One of my very good friend is misunderstanding my friendship to be love. How do I convey what is true, so that I don't hurt him and don't lose out on our friendship either?

View more questions Search