Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjt3944 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 04:50 PM
    How do I make my prop work multiple times?
    I'm looking to create a prop- when I drop a fake blade via a line and pulley, when it lands it then makes another object drop (ie the head).

I then want to pull my line back up and it reset the whole process.

So I've worked out the first part. Via pulley I can drop the blade. It then needs to "kick out" a switch or lever so the head can drop after the blade drops. I then want to pull it all back up and hopefully reset the lever/switch.

My question is how can I create this switch or lever mechanism?

Ideas? Tips? Tricks?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Have no idea what you are up to but halloween is coming so I am suspicious.
    Maybe an electromagnet holding the head up until the blade strikes a switch when it hits the floor and turns off the power to the electromagnet? Needs a lot of work still.
    How about the head simply attached to the same rope as the blade (but higher up) and the blade hits the floor followed shortly by the head.
    Don't know enough about your circumstances such as how high up is the pulley etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flushes multiple times with one press [ 11 Answers ]

Thanks for any help that can be given... Whenever I press the flush lever on my toilet the toilet will flush, the bowl will fill and drain, and then the bowl will fill and drain another 2 more times before the tank begins to fill. So in effect my toilet flushes 3 times for every one time I press...

My boyfriend has cheated on me multiple times. [ 7 Answers ]

My fiancé and me have a 3 month old baby and he had to go live with his dad to finish his probation. Then come to find out while he was there he has slept with three girls and one while he was out here. He sexts with the girls on his FB and his phone. The last girls he has slept with was his...

Tax treaty multiple times? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a visiting professor from Hungary. I was in the USA working as a postddoc at UNC Chapel Hill from 2002-2005. During this period I was tax exempt based on the Treaty Article 17 for 2 years. Then I returned to Hungary for the next 5 years, and in 2010 I did a short research program (50 days),...

Keeping CA prop 13 prop tax level [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my 1st post so TY for any help. I'm in Calif. & wondering if there's a way to maintain the Prop 13 property tax level if a child inherits a house. There is a trust & I'm there only child inheriting the home. Thanks for any help, db

Applying for a Re-entry Permit Multiple Times [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My questions are: 1) What is the process of applying for a new re-entry permit for a US lawful permanent resident? (Should I send my previous re-entry permit, which is expiring soon, and the new application together?) 2) Is studying at the University of a foreign country or tending aged...

View more questions Search