Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chris261 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 03:48 PM
    Girlfriend broke up with me because she said I deserve better?
    I'll make this short.

My girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me 3 days ago because she said it's unfair that she has no time for me and she can't handle to be In a relationship right now and it's unfair for me that she can't be a girlfriend to me and wanted to be alone. She's been under a lot of stress of her work since she became the manager and she finally just gave up our relationship.This sucks so bad cause I'm not asking a lot of things from her. I always tell her to rest, sleep, take care of herself nothing more. We are long distance at the moment and planned to move in together in 4 months, but now it's all long gone.

She said "I'm so sorry I'm doing this to you. Sadly I tried and fought. Now I really want to be by my own!! No relations. Just alone! Your right to be pissed and disappointed and I wish I could change things but I can't,. I don't feel it! I feel I wanna be alone!! I'm here!! Whatever happens I'll be there if you need me. You made me happy and you are great. It's me not you!!! I hope one day you will find a person who is gonna give all u need!! I'm really sorry. Be mad at me. I'll be here for you. No matter what! You will always be part of my heart!! Her friend message me saying "I heard the news. Really sorry! But I'm sure that you will find another girl and you will spend your life and you will be happy! Take care yourself!"

She's 27 and I'm 23... Is there still a way to get her back? Not now but in time? We both talked when we are breaking up and both say bye properly. I know I should focus on moving on but I do love her. What do I do? I'm not going to contact her for 3 months? How do I act when she message again? What if she greet me on holidays?

Thanks for all the help! This is an experience for me.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 18, 2013, 04:06 PM
    She has made it very clear, but obviously not clear enough, that the relationship is over. She spared your feelings ostensibly, by leaving you thinking that it was outside forces (i.e. Her job stress) that caused the breakup. Well, it's pretty clear in my opinion, that she wants to be left alone.

She's letting you down easy by saying she'll always be there for you, etc. etc. She likely thinks she's being kind, you think it leaves the back door open.

For your own sake, take the 90% of what she clearly says, which is the two of you are over, and let the other 10% go, because it will never happen that she will resume any sort of friendship with you, not even friendship.

Oct 18, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Thanks for the reply jake!

So there is no way to get her back maybe someday? Or make her realize she did a wrong thing?

The thing is 2 months ago we were together and we had a vacation.. She cried at the airport when we separated and she told me she loves me and told me to work hard so we can move in together soon..

then now suddenly things change without any reason at all.. just of a blink of an eye. Didn't do nothing wrong either..

Can't really understand women...
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 09:18 AM
    Sounds to me like she is no longer interested in you. She has low interest which means she no longer wants you and no longer sees you as a long term prospect.

Unfortunately it hurts like hell and the only way to move on now is time! Don't get any delusions of her running back to you.

Now what you need to do is fill up your time with doing things even though your mind is elsewhere. Sports, hobbies, friends, work and trying to use this as a motivation to make your life better for you. Go no contact, remove all reminders and hide them away. Delete the girl of your Facebook, of your phone.

It will take a while but the best revenge is to have a great life! If you want to let her know that keep her on the social networking sites, keep your mutual friends and blow up your Facebook and social life with all the cool things your doing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 20, 2013, 11:30 AM
    "It's not you, it's me" is well known as The Nice Breakup saying of all time.
    But it's almost never true.
    LD relationships also almost never last, because people just don't wait around, and they find someone new.
    I'm not saying she HAS someone new. Just that the odds are high.
    Sometimes the new man or woman doesn't work out, and you hear from your old love then.
    Can you handle that, if it happens?
    Don't try to answer that, because all you can do is wait to see what happens. You may not hear from her again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 01:56 PM
    [QUOTE]I wish I could change things but I can't,. I don't feel it! I feel I wanna be alone!![/QUOTE]

Losing a great partner sucks, but its clear she was being nice and letting you down easy. Never know what happens in the future but for now, ACCEPT its over and focus on healing. The rest will take care of itself but for now honor, and respect her wishes.

Oct 20, 2013, 03:56 PM
    Thank you guys for all the replies. I'm moving on my life and not contacting her anymore.

Just so hard to process it sometimes and it distracts me whatever I do day by day.. She's just stuck on my mind the moment I wake up the moment I go to bed.

Even I go to gym, go to clubs, go talk to other girls. She's just there..

I hope one day she will realize what she did and maybe regret it somehow..

I'm pimping my Facebook profile and showing how I am having a great time in my life.

But not too obvious. Deep inside though it just hurts like hell...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 04:31 PM
    Believe it or not guy, its supposed to hurt at the end of a good relationship, and its suppose to confuse you for a while. But we get through the shock and hurt, and get our strength, and confidence back in time. It sucks until then.

Oct 21, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Hope one day she will realize this and think that all I did is to make her happy and understand her.

She will miss that someday! I truly believe it. Time will tell.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
    'Make her happy?' We don't make people happy. They make themselves happy, and if it includes us, great.
    I think you are bitter over all the wrong things. Obviously her career means the most to her at the moment. We don't know how much time you were taking up on the phone, emails, texting, Facebook...
    But the really big thing is that you said you were going to live together in 4 months, but you didn't say WHERE. Were you planning to move to where she is? If not - good grief.

Oct 21, 2013, 01:11 PM
    Actually you were right make her happy is a wrong word...

Actually we don't even talk anymore when we were long distance.. She message when she get home, I said hi how's your day.. get, rest etc.. I don't even call her to bug her..

I'm just there.. supportive kind of thing then things became repetitive day by day.. It was hard.

Yea I was about to move there in 4 months in her country.. Imagine the sacrifices I'm willing to give up for her my career, family etc.. We did planned everything place we going to stay at place we going to go vacation..

But at the same time maybe I think she got pressured with things that why she's doing this..
    And she changed the way she see things.

And addition to the story... before we broke up I did gave her 1 week time by herself cause I told her I think you needed a break you been stress a lot lately.. I'll give you time to not think about our relationship and just work.. (Dunno if that's a good idea)

And then when I ask her after that week if she want to go on that's where she broke up with me..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend broke up with me... [ 5 Answers ]

Okay my girlfriend broke up with me because although we LOVE each other so much, She will be going to college soon which is pretty far. She still has strong feelings for me, but at the same time she doesn't want to be in a long distance relationship because she said it never worked for her. She's...

My girlfriend broke up with and is with someone else. I need help! [ 1 Answers ]

OK so this is going to be tough but here it goes. My girlfriend of 2.5 years broke up with me 2 days ago. Im 25 and she is 23 going on 24. we had the best relationship you could think of. Our honey moon phase lasted 1.5 years. We were abosoultly head over heels for each other. She...

Girlfriend broke up with me but ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey you guys, what's up! So here is the thing. My girlfriend and I been dating for a whole year now. We had lots and lots of fun, romantic nights, and happy relationship. Yes we had some argues and stuff, its normal in any healthy relationship ! But we truly love each other. She lives with me...

Girlfriend and I broke up [ 10 Answers ]

It was over a bunch of trust issues she had with me she says. I did nothing I never went partied or anything all I did was play a game and since I talked to girls on the game, she assumed that I was doing something wrong. I told her their just friends... she says "its weird that you talk to girls...

View more questions Search