Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12345hello Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Menstrual period or implantation bleeding?
    Hi so I lost my virginity on October 11 (used condom) and my last period was on September 13. Later that week on October 15 I started getting cramps but no discharge whatsoever then on October 16 I had brown discharge that was kind of coming a lot which slowly later became red, the weird thing was that this blood was coming just by a little not a lot but then on the morning of October 17 I woke up and my whole pad was filled completely (I put a fresh one the night before) and then through out the day my period has been going on really slow with bits of clots and some heavy cramp and that's unusual for me since I always start with a heavy flow and much more worst cranps and also I've never had brown discharge only at the ends of my period. Now today the blood is running a bit more than yesterday but this is confusing me since I've never had such a light period at the starting days and I'm scared that it might be implantation blood and not my actual period it would help a lot to get some advise since all I've been doing all week is worry about it
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 18, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Was there much of a hymen break when your virginity was taken? While the hymen is a useless piece of tissue, it can obstruct or control the flow. Things might change but that is stretching it.

Did the condom break? Is there another reason that you think you might have gotten semen in your reproductive system?

It sounds like an odd period to me implantation bleeding is quite a bit different then a regular period.

Oct 18, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Was there much of a hymen break when your virginity was taken? While the hymen is a useless piece of tissue, it can obstruct or control the flow. Things might change but that is stretching it.

Did the condom break? Is there another reason that you think you
    might have gotten semen in your reproductive system?

It sounds like an odd period to me implantation bleeding is quite a bit different then a regular period.

No the condom did not break and according to him he saw it and nothing was leaking in case if maybe their was a hole or something. There is no Actual reason just the fact that my period started so strange with that brown discharge and that it's so light then I read about implantation bleeding which made me really nervous

And no I don't think he completely broke my tissue or went in since I did not bleed at all even though it was my first time I'm just really worried :(

Oct 18, 2013, 04:20 PM

Did the condom break? Is there another reason that you think you might have gotten semen in your reproductive system?

Another thing that's made me nervous is the fact that I've been nauseas latterly but that's all
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 08:42 AM
    There goes that theory. To bring the discussion full circle, it isn't unusual for there to be little or no hymen in some women. You can lose it during life for a variety of reasons.

I don't know why you had that odd bleeding. Maybe talk to your doctor and try a different form of birth control, for example hormonal. Use it in conjunction with condoms.

If you miss your next period then I would be concerned.

Oct 21, 2013, 11:26 AM
    There goes that theory. To bring the discussion full circle, it isn't unusual for there to be little or no hymen in some women. You can lose it during life for a variety of reasons.

I don't know why you had that odd bleeding. Maybe talk to your doctor and try a different form of birth control, for example hormonal. Use it in conjunction with condoms.

If you miss your next period then I would be concerned.

I will go to the doctor in a week but I'm so nervous because I'm not ready to have kids and it was my first time.
    Well now for two days I'll I've been doing is spotting dark brown I'm so sad and nervous
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 12345hello View Post
    I will go to the doctor in a week but I'm so nervous because I'm not ready to have kids and it was my first time.
    Well now for two days I'll I've been doing is spotting dark brown I'm so sad and nervous
    Sadly there is nothing that we can truthfully say that will calm your nerves. Everything you have sex, regardless of what birthcontrol you're using, you stand a chance to get pregnant. There are people on this site that used three forms of birthcontrol effectively and still got pregnant. That being said that is bucking the odds somewhat. Condoms and a secondary form of birthcontrol is usually enough. Condoms are usually effective to but it all depends on how they're used.

I will admit that what is happening with you is a little odd. I don't think you're pregnant but I don't know what is happening with the spotting. Please respond back when you know.

Oct 21, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Sadly there is nothing that we can truthfully say that will calm your nerves. Everything you have sex, regardless of what birthcontrol you're using, you stand a chance to get pregnant. There are people on this site that used three forms of birthcontrol effectively and still got pregnant. That being said that is bucking the odds somewhat. Condoms and a secondary form of birthcontrol is usually enough. Condoms are usually effective to but it all depends on how they're used.

I will admit that what is happening with you is a little odd. I don't think you're pregnant but I don't know what is happening with the spotting. Please respond back when you know.

Will do, I don't know what's happening ether this has never happened to me and it's just all so strange and nerve wreaking.

Oct 27, 2013, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 12345hello View Post
    Will do, I don't know what's happening ether this has never happened to me and it's just all so strange and nerve wreaking.
    HELLO well to keep you updated I took a test on Friday two weeks after the sex and it came out negative like immediately. I would like to know if you think it was maybe false negative since maybe it was too early? Or was it right on time that I did that after the strange period
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
    I this it was a true negative. You've had your period, strange as it was.

Nov 3, 2013, 10:46 PM
    I this it was a true negative. You've had your period, strange as it was.
    Update! So I took two after 3 weeks of sex one was right in the morning and again negative the only reason I did this was to clarify if it was a false negative now the thing worrying me is that I keep feeling nauseas w head aches should I worry? Or does the test sound accurate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation Bleeding or Menstrual Period ? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my period in the middle of the month, like always. A few days before my period I had heavy bleeding the first day dark, than it went light and lasted for a week, or less. After I was done my light almost regular period I had some brown discharge/ scanty after my period, along with spotting...

When do I know vaginal bleeding is a menstrual period or something else? [ 5 Answers ]

I have had heavy bleeding for 3 days and this is very unusual for me, never had this before.When should I be concerned that its something more than a period.I have had times where I have soaked through a tampon and pad in an hr. or less.Can stress cause this much bleeding,and its not letting up at...

Implantation Bleeding or Menstrual Period [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! My normal cycle are every 26 days and lasts for 3-4 days. I had my last regular cycle on June 5 and my ovulation day was June 17th. My partner and I had sex on my ovulation date and my expected period was supposed to be June 30 or July 1st. I experienced light bleeding 2 days before my...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period on July 15th and it ended on the 20th. After that I've been trying to get pregnant.. and today (July 29th) I noticed that I'm bleeding, but it's light and I'm not cramping.. So is it my period again? Or what?

View more questions Search