Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1725 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Maytag Icemaker (1265007) stopped working.
    Changed out water valve but hear the icemaker "clicking", still calling for water. Any ideas. Happened once before but changing out water valve fixed it.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2013, 11:30 PM
    You cannot fix appliances by blindly changing parts. Was the solenoid on the water valve open or was it good. What did you get on the ohm meter before you changed it? You should unplug the plug going to water valve and using a voltmeter check to see if it sends 120 volts to solenoid when it clicks and calls for water. You can pop off the end of the icemaker and try pushing in on the microswitch to see if it sends power to the plug that goes to the water valve. You can also unplug the unit and using the ohm meter test to see if the microswitches are closing when the buttons on them are pressed. If one is not closing the circuit then you will know to replace it. Are you sure that water can get through the water valve?
    Look at these manuals: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20Manual.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e%20Manual.pdf
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rigerators.zip
    You will have to use a meter to find out what the problem is that is keeping the water valve from working. Changing parts is not troubleshooting, it's guessing and does not work too often. I do not know why people do this instead of first using a $10 meter to find out what is wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag icemaker not working [ 1 Answers ]

Maytag side by side door style, it makes ice but when you push the lever in the door , the hatch opens but it does not push out any ice. In order to get ice we have to open the door and reach in and get it like the 1980s. Any suggestions?

Maytag performa freezer stopped working [ 0 Answers ]

Any tips on how to get a maytag performa freezer to work? The firdge works, but the freezer has stopped.

Maytag Icemarker (12685007) Stopped Working [ 1 Answers ]

Without warning, my Maytag ice maker (Unit #12685007) filled up the ice bucket and the bottom of the freezer with water. It did not over fill to the point where water went all over the floor, but there was a solid 5lb block of ice in the ice tray. I thawed the freezer and removed all the ice. ...

Maytag Perfoma Dryer stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag Performa Dryer stopped heating but would still turn and blow cool air. My husband took it apart and replaced the thermostat & relays, also cleaned it out. It worked great for about two loads, then stopped working and will not turn back on. Anyone know what the problem could be now? ...

Maytag stopped working maybe fuse? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I my breaker panel fuse blew when I was fixing the kitchen light and when I repaired everything I found out that my Maytag refrigerator MTB1954DRW stopped working. The lights are not on and it is not cycling, did I blow the fuse to the refrigerator? It came with the house and I don't even...

View more questions Search