Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asinghal4all Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Who is eligible for obamacare ?
    Hi,

We are a family of 4 members, I have a job and insurance through employer.
    My mom is a housewife, dad is doing a job on cash (approx $1100 per month, not eligible for medi-cal) and my brother(18+) is about to start his college soon.
    One question is haunting me since I had heard about Obamacare is that its mandatory for all, I can thought for my father, but how will my mom and brother will pay for that with 0 income ? They don't work so no need to file taxes I suppose, still for insure if they also have to pay, then it’s a loot totally.

Please help! Thanks in advance
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Does you insurance cover the rest of the family? If that is so, no one in your family will have t purchase additional insurance.

If members of your family are not covered, they will be required to purchase health insurance If they have no income, Medicaid will cover any costs that they cannot pay.

If you are in California, check the ACA (Obamacare) website for California to find out how things will work in your state. Some states have opted out of Medicaid subsidies.
    asinghal4all Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 10:29 AM
    What if people who don't work? They aren't required to file taxes first of all, as they are not eligible for that, so what tax penalty if they don't have insurance ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 3.0 [ 1197 Answers ]

Remember that healthcare bill that was rammed through in spite of the American people's overwhelming objection? You know, the one that was going to let you keep your insurance, your doctor, the one that was going to "bend the cost curve downward," and be a boon to the economy? Yeah, the plan that's...

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Dual citizenship French/US. Mother French.Am I eligible and is my daughter eligible [ 1 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, she had French and American Citizenship.. My sisters and I all have US citizenship. My mother put together all of the paperwork to make sure my sisters and I could have dual citizenship... My sisters all applied for dual French citizenship and received it 17 years ago...

View more questions Search