Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajscorp1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2013, 09:26 AM
    Looking to borrow against my home that is paid off. However my crdit is not that good
    Looking into borrowing against my home that is paid
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Have you talked to anyone at a bank?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 10:34 AM
    If you have a good amount of equity in your home, go the bank that holds your mortgage
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
    If the home is free and clear, your credit history will have little bearing on a secured loan.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2013, 03:40 AM
    The issue will be how much do you want to borrow, and if you have resource to pay it off. If your home is worth 200,000 and you want to borrow 50,000 to maybe 100,000 you should be able to. But banks do not want houses, they want money paid back. So proof you can pay, or poor that house can be sold at discount and they still get money back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant in my private home has not paid rent, so can I limit her access to my home? [ 7 Answers ]

I live in NJ.. My wife and I separated in 2009, to cover bills, she allowed a friend to move into a room in our private home and gave her a basic lease which is NOT dated. My wife does not own the home, I am the primary owner on the mortgage. Anyway, this woman she allowed to move in is a horder,...

Have 200,000.00 equity in home no payments need to borrow 50,000 [ 3 Answers ]

Have warranty deed 200,000.00 equity in home need to borrow 50,000.

Crdit card default/what can they take [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judgment against me, can they take my pension/or s.s.disability checks?i live in pennsylvania.

Need to borrow from my 401 K and withdraw my Ira to purchase a home [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I can do both without having to pay taxes or getting in trouble with Uncle Sams. This is my first property, and I need to come with $25,000 for a down Payment and closing cost. I have $12,000 in IRA, and $28,000 in my 401 K. My 401 K Plan allows me to borrow money up...

1/3 home owner family estate. Can I borrow with home as colatural? [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers and I each own 1/3 of estate property that we want to sale in the near future. Is it possible I could get a loan based on my 1/3 of the estate? With consent of brothers, and how would they be effected?

View more questions Search