Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shay2413 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2013, 06:14 PM
    Worried
    Hello, I have a serious question... I drank about 1 beer starting around 6:30ish, stopped for about an hour or so then had 3 more beers and two classss of wine, so approx 6 drinks over a span from 6:30 to about 11:30 Saturday night, Sunday and Monday I drank plenty of fluids, took a walk, drank Pepsi, and took vitamin b12. I urinated at least 3 times before leaving the house te following Tuesday, drank a large DD coffee, urinated again and then after that urination approx 15 min later I gave my urine for my etg test. So it was about 61 hours that I last drank. What is the chances of me passing the etg test? In not sure what the cut off level is being used. Please help. Also I am a 28 female, about 180 and my metabolism is about average. Tha k you for your help.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:15 PM
    You are going to be very close. What do you stand to lose should you fail?

Oct 15, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You are going to be very close. What do you stand to lose should you fail?
    I don't lose anything, personal agreement. I am not normally a drinker and I drank that one time in over a year. It was 61 hours and I drank a lot of water Sunday, drank water until 5pm Monday, took a walk and made sure to urinate frequently. I also drank ice tea and Pepsi and also coffee Tuesday morning and was sure to urinate 4 times before my test
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shay2413 View Post
    I don't lose anything, personal agreement. I am not normally a drinker and I drank that one time in over a year. It was 61 hours and I drank a lot of water Sunday, drank water until 5pm Monday, took a walk and made sure to urinate frequently. I also drank ice tea and Pepsi and also coffee Tuesday morning and was sure to urinate 4 times before my test
    The personal agreement you made included a surprise ETG test? That makes no sense.

So what do you really stand to lose? Why worry if it was just a personal agreement with someone that has the authority to order an ETG test?
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:23 PM
    It's quite possible that you will fail for dilution alone. 61 hours is right on the cusp, it could really go either way.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    The personal agreement you made included a surprise ETG test? That makes no sense.

So what do you really stand to lose? Why worry if it was just a personal agreement with someone that has the authority to order an ETG test?
    Bc I keep my promises and it wasn't a surprise, I have a lot going on and was not thinking and I had a couple drinks. I am not asking for judgements to be made I am personally asking for someone to let me know what they think. Thanks.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:28 PM
    It's quite possible that you will fail for dilution alone. 61 hours is right on the cusp, it could really go either way.
    Ok thank you... I have read many articles on this website and saw many people who drank a lot more then me, over a 2 day period who were heavier then I am and passed after 60 hours And that was more then a few people..
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:29 PM
    I already told you that you stand to possibly fail for dilution. Also, 61 hours is really too close to call.
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:31 PM
    Bc I keep my promises and it wasn't a surprise, I have a lot going on and was not thinking and I had a couple drinks. I am not asking for judgements to be made I am personally asking for someone to let me know what they think. Thanks.
    Fine then. Like J9 said, you'll likely fail for dilution, and you're right on the cusp when it comes to failing without dilution. Either way, we can't tell you if you'll fail or pass, there's no way to do that, even with the info you provided.

Having said that, if this is just a personal agreement, who cares? It's not like you'll lose your job or go to jail if you fail. And you yourself said you haven't had a drink in over a year, so why you even made this "personal agreement" is beyond me, unless there's something you're not telling us, which is what I'm betting on.

So pass or fail, based on what you posted, it doesn't really matter. Your "personal agreement" can't affect your life, your job, whether you go to jail. The person you made the agreement with might be mad, but who cares? They can't do anything to you because you had a few drinks once this year.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:31 PM
    I already told you that you stand to possibly fail for dilution. Also, 61 hours is really too close to call.
    Even with not drinking water after 5pm Monday and my urine still being yellow? I am just curious how this works. A lot of forums I read stated that the "80 hour test" is more for sales then science. I am not trying to beat anything and there are personal issues regarding this that I don't feel the need to share on a website. I wrote what I was concerned about And I appreciate your help.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
    Fine then. Like J9 said, you'll likely fail for dilution, and you're right on the cusp when it comes to failing without dilution. Either way, we can't tell you if you'll fail or pass, there's no way to do that, even with the info you provided.

Having said that, if this is just a personal agreement, who cares? It's not like you'll lose your job or go to jail if you fail. And you yourself said you haven't had a drink in over a year, so why you even made this "personal agreement" is beyond me, unless there's something you're not telling us, which is what I'm betting on.

So pass or fail, based on what you posted, it doesn't really matter. Your "personal agreement" can't affect your life, your job, whether you go to jail. The person you made the agreement with might be mad, but who cares? They can't do anything to you because you had a few drinks once this year.
    I understand your point, however what goes on with my personal agreement is just that. Personal. I do not feel the need to get into why I asked this question or feel the need to display my personal life in a website. I said what my concern is and there is no need to post anymore then that. So thanks for your input.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:37 PM
    80 hours for sales rather than science? Hmm, never heard that, it has be accurate, sales or not.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
    80 hours for sales rather than science? Hmm, never heard that, it has be accurate, sales or not.
    Just saying what I read. Said its hard to tell the accuracy and depends on the cutoff. Like I said I am not here to beat any system, it's for a lot of knowledge for some personal things. Thank you! Take care!
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:43 PM
    Even with not drinking water after 5pm Monday and my urine still being yellow? I am just curious how this works. A lot of forums I read stated that the "80 hour test" is more for sales then science. I am not trying to beat anything and there are personal issues regarding this that I don't feel the need to share on a website. I wrote what I was concerned about And I appreciate your help.
    No one can tell you if you'll pass or fail. The cutoff that most experts agree on is 80 hours. Doesn't matter if your pee was yellow, doesn't matter if you peed many times before your tested.

Some people are lucky, drink 18 hours before a test and pass. Others are unlucky, drink 5 days before a test and fail. We can't tell you which group you'll fall into.

You drank a lot, you had a test before the cut off time that most experts agree on. So you could pass, you could fail. It's up to the results to tell you which one will be your destiny.

But really, who cares? This is because of a personal promise, according to you. So you won't go to jail because you failed, you won't lose your job because you failed.

Here's the real issue you should think about. You made a personal promise not to drink, and you drank. So fail or pass, you still fail on that promise. You told me that the test was because of a promise you made, and you keep your promises. Liar! You drank, and that was the purpose of the promise. So that promise didn't mean anything to you. If it had, you wouldn't have drank.

You're worried that you'll fail and the person you made the promise to, will know you didn't keep your end of the deal.

Be real to yourself. Don't try to mince words here. If a promise means so much to you, why didn't you keep it? Don't try to make me feel bad for questioning you, when you admit you broke the promise you made.

Good luck. I'm out. If you want real help, I'll answer, but right now you're kidding yourself, and I won't be a part of that.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:48 PM
    No one can tell you if you'll pass or fail. The cutoff that most experts agree on is 80 hours. Doesn't matter if your pee was yellow, doesn't matter if you peed many times before your tested.

Some people are lucky, drink 18 hours before a test and pass. Others are unlucky, drink 5 days before a test and fail. We can't tell you which group you'll fall into.

You drank a lot, you had a test before the cut off time that most experts agree on. So you could pass, you could fail. It's up to the results to tell you which one will be your destiny.

But really, who cares? This is because of a personal promise, according to you. So you won't go to jail because you failed, you won't lose your job because you failed.

Here's the real issue you should think about. You made a personal promise not to drink, and you drank. So fail or pass, you still fail on that promise. You told me that the test was because of a promise you made, and you keep your promises. Liar! You drank, and that was the purpose of the promise. So that promise didn't mean anything to you. If it had, you wouldn't have drank.

You're worried that you'll fail and the person you made the promise to, will know you didn't keep your end of the deal.

Be real to yourself. Don't try to mince words here. If a promise means so much to you, why didn't you keep it? Don't try to make me feel bad for questioning you, when you admit you broke the promise you made.

Good luck. I'm out. If you want real help, I'll answer, but right now you're kidding yourself, and I won't be a part of that.
    Ppl are aloud to make mistakes and that is why I feel Terrible and asking about this. I already came clean with who I needed to tell it to. I just want to know for knowledge and opinions not to be put on blast because I am not putting my whole personal life on a social network. Call me a liar all you want when you don't even know me? Shows your character. I don't air all my business. So whether I am telling you the whole story or not is NOT YOUR CONCERN! This website is used for people who want opinions about something that they need to know. No one else posted there entire business on here. To me, your nosey and like all that drama that that social media causes! Peace out!

Oct 15, 2013, 06:51 PM
    Yes. You're on the borderline. There is absolutely no way of predicting but in your favor is the fact that EtG testing is overblown. "Up to 80 hours"
    Is more akin to marketing than science.

Please let me know.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Ladies, pull the claws back in!

Shay2413, the reason we ask is because we have so many people come here who are purposely trying too fool court ordered tests. Morally, and legally, we cannot help someone to fake a court ordered test.

The cutoff ranges from 60 - 80 hours, with 80 hours being the most reliable. It also depends on what the cutoff is for the particular test being used. Since we do not know which particular test is used in each occasion (this is a global website) we can only guess.

Finally, this is not a social networking site. This is a Q&A board and all members are anonymous.

Oct 15, 2013, 07:02 PM

And just a thought... If people drink 18 hours and pass and some drink 5 days before (which is over 80 hours) to me that's not luck, if it's soooooooo accurate then NO WAY a person passes after 18 hours, when it says to detect drinking within 80 hours. To me, that's wayyyy inaccurate an too big of a spam to be sooo accurate. You don't do drugs 1 day before a drug screen and pass, that's cut and dry. I have been reading ppls questions and have found more info then what you may be seeing. Maybe read some of them and find out who isn't that educated on these testings. I am logging out and staying out. Lol. Thanks.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:05 PM
    Some people pass that early because they know how to cheat the system.
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:05 PM
    Ppl are aloud to make mistakes and that is why I feel Terrible and asking about this. I already came clean with who I needed to tell it to. I just want to know for knowledge and opinions not to be put on blast because I am not putting my whole personal life on a social network. Call me a liar all you want when you don't even know me? Shows your character. I don't air all my business. So whether I am telling you the whole story or not is NOT YOUR CONCERN! This website is used for people who want opinions about something that they need to know. No one else posted there entire business on here. To me, your nosey and like all that drama that that social media causes! Peace out!
    Actually, if you look back, all my personal life is posted on this site. I don't hide anything. I probably should, but I don't. I'm much too open about my life.

The written word is the worst form of communication, and I have to say, I often come off sounding a lot worse than I intend.

So I'll try very hard to make my thoughts understood. I don't mean to call you a liar. Not at all. If you made a personal agreement to someone that you wouldn't drink, here's my issue with it.

You made that agreement. When I asked why you would honor it by taking an ETG, you said that you always honor your agreements. But you didn't. Pass or fail, it doesn't matter. You agreed not to drink, and you did. So even if you pass the ETG, does that obliterate the fact that you didn't stick by your agreement? If the agreement means so much to you, something you're sticking by, then who cares what the ETG says? You know you shouldn't pass because you broke the agreement.

Pass or fail, you failed, because you drank. So the agreement that you made, the agreement you said you'd honor, you already broke. So who cares if a test says you don't have alcohol in your system. You know you drank. You broke the agreement. So a test means nothing. Nothing at all.

Do you see what I'm saying? I'm really not trying to sound mean, I'm just saying it like I see it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I still be worried? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had protected sex a week ago. My period is two days late, and I took a pregnancy test today which stated that I was not pregnant. Should I still be worried? I also know that he didn't actually reach an orgasam.

Worried?/ [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 33-34 day cycle,I have tried doing a online ovulation calculator but it advised me to see my doctor as my cycle may be to long to ovulate ?

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Should I be worried? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I had taken birth control for about 5 months and my period came the week of christmas. I ran out of pills at the end of that period and haven't taken any for this month. Well, that was my last period. I haven't had one since. My cycle is usually about 32 days when I'm not on...

View more questions Search