Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s withrow Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2005, 05:48 AM
    Sore hip
    Any folk remedies, home cures for a sore hip? It is almost certainly arthritic. I walk a lot and do Tai Chi, but it has definitely gotten sorer over last few weeks. Any ideas/diet suggestions on how to minimize discomfort/stop deterioration/heal?

Thanks.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 20, 2005, 07:51 PM
    Cut out all trans fats
    Roughly 5 weeks ago I stopped the eating of my favorite snack-potato chips which are loaded w/trans fats since I can't seem to lose any weight with my thyroid problem. Also one more week makes a year since I have switched to cooking everything, not eating processed foods and cutting out the trans fats. See if this helps also cut out milk which can cause inflammation. Then introduce milk back into your diet (unless you don't drink it now). All of the pain killers-advil, tylenol, motrin are no good either since they only make things worse instead of better. I did extensive research on holistic dog food and the search led me to healthier things for the humans also and this is how I find out a lot that will make you healther and feel better. No processed foods, no trans fats (french frys, pizza, ice cream, chips, etc.). Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables instead of the junk and you should notice a difference after a while.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2005, 06:58 AM
    Sore hip
    Hi,
    My first suggestion is to have an X-Ray; determine if it is really arthritis.
    If it is, a DO doctor has told my wife that Glucosamine-Chondroiton is really good.
    I have been taking Glucosamine Sulfate for 4 yrs, and my arthritic spur on my shoulder is almost gone, with no pain now.
    My wife has arthritis in the back of her neck, and being on the Chondroiton non-prescription medication for 2 months now, is feeling much, much better.
    She has stopped taking Celebrex.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2005, 01:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    My first suggestion is to have an X-Ray; determine if it is really arthritis.
    If it is, a DO doctor has told my wife that Glucosamine-Chondroiton is really good.
    I have been taking Glucosamine Sulfate for 4 yrs, and my arthritic spur on my shoulder is almost gone, with no pain now.
    My wife has arthritis in the back of her neck, and being on the Chondroiton non-prescription medication for 2 months now, is feeling much, much better.
    She has stopped taking Celebrex.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    Glad your wife stopped taking Celebrex. She will notice a faster improvement without it since she's on the Chondroiton. Any type of drugs just mask the symptoms and do nothing to eliminate them. If people want to be better they have to do it for themselves as you and your wife have done. Take care.
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 1, 2005, 03:18 PM
    Sore hip help
    Oh, yes! I take glucosamine hcl and boy, it works wonders. I have been taking it for about a month now. It helped immediately. I had been having pain for years. Right now I forget I even ever had pain. I take Rudofil which also contains feverfew. I would recommend it to everyone who is suffering from joint pain. I was so bad I could hardly walk some days and it would take 2 hours in the morning just to un-stiffen. Now, hey, I roll right out of bed and feel sooooo much better. I hope you will try this and see.
    Take care!
    Patty
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2005, 10:13 AM
    Sore hip
    I feel that this is a by product of tomuch animal protein in your diet. One that is fresher not processed to death. Peace ranieri
    scottfrasernz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Re your sore hip, there are some things you can do to help yourself:

Try glucosamine supplements. These really worked for my sore hip. I took quite a lot at first, for about the first 4 weeks, then settled down to a normal recommended dose. It works by helping your body rebuild the cartilage in your sore hip.

Get into a stretching routine. This help my sore hip loosen off and become less tight. This really seemed to help by easing off the pressure that made the sore hip more likely to become aggravated. The best stretch is to sit with the foot of your sore hip leg on the opposite knee. Then bend forward with your upper body - you should really feel the stretch around the back and side of the sore hip.

Try pilates. Pilates helped my sore hip a lot. It strengthens up the core muscles and helps to achieve the normal balance left to right that has been disturbed by the side effects of your sore hip. Your body compensates - Pilates tries to put that right. It really helped me and I do a 5-minute Pilates routine every day now.
    mechanix Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 04:06 PM

A sore hip can be cause from a lump (fat?) under your but muscle is that back pocket area sore if you push on it with your thumb? When you find the sore are also check the inside of you thigh is thar stings of sore lumps about 1/2 " inch deep inside yer thigh or on the back side of yor thigh way down against the bone? I suggest when finding the mention symptoms that you grind aspirin to a powder then mix a little alcohol / or water to the powderthe you mash this substance into to sore places you found twice a week then once every 6 weeks use a spall amount 1 to 2 aspirins should be the dose to treat one bad hip ( can be caused by leg) lumps
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 05:07 PM

Do everything everybody has said
    Change diet
    Eliminate night shade vegetables. (look it up)
    Nightshade Vegetables: Should People With Arthritis Avoid Nightshade Foods?

Also beside what everybody has said also take hylaronic acid
    You can buy it at Wal Mart in their vitamin aisle. It can be taken with anything and it has no side effects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore breasts [ 5 Answers ]

:( Hi I'm 18 and my breasts have been really sore and tender for over a week now. I thought I might be pregnant but I have had three negative tests, but if I am pregnant I would only be 6 weeks so it might be too early to tell (my doctor said on the phone) My period isn't due - if it comes - for...

What is a canker sore? [ 4 Answers ]

What is a canker sore

No Sore Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone ever been pregnant and didn't have sore or swollen breasts? How soon does this normally happen?

View more questions Search