Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
    My psorasis is so painful , red and itching I am going to the emergency room because
    I have had a recent flare up for about a year the just keeps getting worse, it hurts burns, itches, and it is effecting my job. I don't have money or insurance so I was going to go to the emergency room. How will the er doctor treat my condition.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 15, 2013, 01:28 PM
    Unfortunately this is just about the worst thing to take to the ER (depending on how poor your hospital is). And it's only getting worse. Most hospitals have an associated clinic, sometimes on the grounds and other times on the other side of town. Find a clinic, and start getting regular exams and treatment. ER costs are many, many times that of clinics, doctors are often on ridiculously long shifts, and you just aren't going to get good care.
    And you should be signing up for insurance! It's complicated, and each state has their own programs, but you might qualify for a very low premium.
    The ER is costing every person in the country, not just the taxpayer. It's costing all of us when people can't pay, or just don't save enough for a policy. Under Obamacare you could be able to get it really cheap.
    Do a lot of internet searching about psoriasis too. You may find drug companies who give out free samples (to your doctor) and you may find dietary changes and skin care changes you can make.

At home, take a warm, not hot, bath in oatmeal and a touch of baby oil. If you can get Dead Sea salts, use them. If you have a blender, grind up the oatmeal. Soak for a good 20 minutes and add hot water as needed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Try taking 3,000-10,000 IUs of vitamin D3 a day and also a fish oil capsule. You'll have to play around with the D3 quantity and give it at least a week to start working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go to emergency room [ 2 Answers ]

I have been on my period for more than a month now. My flow got heavier today with clots. I can't afford to go to the clinic for maybe 4-5 days. Should I go to the emergency room or wait? I'm just having light cramping and a little dizziness.

Emergency room - Should I go? [ 0 Answers ]

I suffered a fall down my steps Early Wed. Am. Landed on 3-4 steps going up (I was walking down and slipped). On 4th step I hit the back of my head and the back of my neck. On the 3rd step I hit across my back; shoulders; including my spine. At the time, all I felt was a little soreness in my back...

Should I go to emergency room? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 21 years old and I Believe something is Wrong. I had my period on December 1, 2008 and Then January 1, 2009. My Last period came January 31. My last date of Intercourse which was Also unprotected was January 12. I went to clinic

Painful itching when sweating. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok don't know why, for like the last 3 weeks if I start sweating my pours start itching, and it's so bad it's actually painful... it doesn't stop until I stop sweating either. If it helps, I'm a 15 year old guy. And as far as I can tell I haven't done anything different in my life. So you I could...

Painful itching when sweating. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok don't know why, for like the last 3 weeks if I start sweating my pours start itching, and it's so bad it's actually painful... it doesn't stop until I stop sweating either. If it helps, I'm a 15 year old guy. And as far as I can tell I haven't done anything different in my life. So you I could...

View more questions Search