Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldecl24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Replacing janitrol hpt18-60 w/ honeywell rth230b
    My existing thermostat is a Janitrol HPT18-60. Wich has 7 connections, and 6 wires... Y-yellow, G-green, R-tan, O-brown, C-blue, and a red wire connecting an E and W2. I'd like to replace it w/ a Honeywell RTH230B. Wich has... Rh, Rc, W, Y, and G. However, I cannot find a wiring schematic, for the Janitrol, to tell me what each connection is for. WHAT DO I DO??
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
    It sounds to me like you are trying to replace a heat pump thermostat with a heating and cooling thermostat. So make sure that you have the right thermostat.
    On the new thermostat the RC and RH are jumpered together, this is the hot wire coming from the transformer at the furnace. The W is the terminal for the wire that takes the power back to the gas valve, and starts the heating cycle. The Y is the wire that takes the power back to the furnace circuit board and ten out to the AC unit. T G is the terminal that takes the power back to the G terminal on the circuit board and controls the blower motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Honeywell mecury thermostat with a programmable Honeywell RTH230B. I have two unmarked wires (red & white) connected to the old thermostat. I know, given my furnace, that I need to use connections "RH" and "W" on my new thermostat. What wire, Red/White goes to what...

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Janitrol 7 wire to Honeywell RTH230B 5 wire [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange B - Nothing

Honeywell rth230b [ 2 Answers ]

I installed the honeywell rth230b thermostat in the house for a furnace. I hooked all the yellow wire green wire and white wire up to each of the corresponding holes for each color I have a red wire and two holes for rc and rh not sure which hole to put the wire and is it supposed to be jumpered...

Janitrol hpt 1860 to honeywell rth230b [ 2 Answers ]

Again, I checked the make and models of my thermostats to ensure I don't goof nothing Up. My janitrol hp 1860 wires: yellow to y, green to g, red to r. blue to o, White to e and jumpered to w2 and brown to c. The Honeywell RTH230B has Only 5 contacts, Rh, Rc, W,Y and G. I guess just for...

View more questions Search