Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanyametze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 08:40 PM
    10 yr old virus?
    My son was vomiting with a fever 100.5 and complaints about his throat. I took him to urgent care Thursday night. No strep but a virus and prescribed him promethazine 25mg. He took 1 Thursday night and woke up fine. Yesterday he has a rash on his eyes (swollen) and neck down to his stomach even inside belly button. Is this still a virus or should I take him to dr. Again
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2013, 08:45 PM
    PROMETHAZINE:
    Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:

Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing

Dark-colored urine or pale stools.

Extreme feelings of energy or excitement.

Fever, sweating, confusion, uneven heartbeat, muscle stiffness.

Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in your upper stomach.

Problems with balance, walking, or speech.

Seeing or hearing things that are not really there (especially in children).

Seizures.

Severe confusion, drowsiness, or muscle weakness.

Shallow breathing.

Twitching or muscle movements you cannot control (often in your eyes, jaw, neck or upper body).

Yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes.
    tanyametze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 08:55 PM
    So a side effect of medication from 3 day's ago? I looked it up and read the warning but rash was not 1 of the possible on the the paper work. He is not complaining about it at all and no itching. I will call Dr. in the morning thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus [ 3 Answers ]

Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put...

If one partner has the stomach virus does the other partner get the smotch virus? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend hade the virus for a couple of days, He started throwing after his game on the 29th of december(miss his game on the January 1st), and I was with him on the 28, Is there a chance I could get the virus?

Virus not detected by anti virus [ 5 Answers ]

I have an anti virus or spyware program loaded on my computer but I know I still have things on my computer causing problems. My computer is "thinking" when nothing is running and several programs and certainly the internet are slow and sometimes just lock up at random times. What can I do or where...

Anti-Virus pop-up Virus [ 3 Answers ]

For the last week, every time I go online I get annoying pop-up ads and warning messages sayying' you're computer may be infected with malware and viruses, click here... " . Also, one of the pop-up ads is a virus scan. When I try to close them, I have to click close about ten times to get rid of...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search