Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naples1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 04:21 PM
    How does pa figure cost basis on a wash sale
    Pa does not recognize losses from a wash sale. They figure cost basis
    Different from the its. How do they figure the cost basis?
    naples1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 04:29 PM
    How does pa figure cost basis on a wash sale
    The state of Pennsylvania does not recognize wash sales. They do require give the cost basis. How is this calculated?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by naples1960 View Post
    The state of Pennsylvania does not recognize wash sales. They do require give the cost basis. How is this calculated?
    Not sure what you mean by the "Pennsylvania does not recognize wash sales." I can find no mention of wash sales in their filing instructions, so I suggest you report the sale as you would any other sale and not worry that it's considered a wash sale for federal income tax purposes. Thus the cost basis used for Pennsylvania tax filing will be different than the cost basis used for federal tax filing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost basis of Sale of Stock Rights - Inc. Tax [ 10 Answers ]

Income from Sale of ADR Stock Rights? - Form 1099-B My 2010 Form 1099-B shows Gross Proceeds from the sale of rights for ADR shares. I received these proceeds, as I had not exercised the right to buy more ADRs of the company issuing the extra shares. I opted out of the new purchase of shares, so...

Wash Sales! What to add to Cost Basis of Replacement Stock [ 3 Answers ]

So far here's what I know about wash sales. If you sell a stock at a loss and buy the same or similar stock within 30 days, its considered a wash sale. The loss you incurred from the sale gets added to the cost basis of the new replacement stock you purchased. This is easy enough if you bought...

Basis and Expenses on Inherited Property Sale [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and brother-in-law inherited their father's home upon his death 6 months ago. Brother-in-law wants to purchase my wife's share. Brother-in-law is also executor. How do we establish basis, FMV and report sale between siblings of inherited real estate? The plan at the moment is to get...

View more questions Search