Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toy_girl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Probation Violation-OHIO
    Hello there, my name is Tamitha and this is the first time that I used this thread, so maybe someone can give me some insight of what do do or how abouts to do it! Well, my husband and I live in Ohio (North Eastern Ohio). Well, his past isn't the greatest, he's been in and out of prison/jail since he's been 18. Well, we both lived in Utah and he was released from prison out there in 2006. After he was released we decided to move out here to Ohio so he could be closer to his family. He broke his parole violation out in Utah, which we are both aware of that and that he'll have to sit in jail when he makes it back to Utah, but my question(s) now are about him in jail at the present moment. On Feb. 15, 2007 Middlefield, OH police came to the house to pick my husband up on 6 year old warrant for passing a bad check onto his own accout. Well, the next day, Feb. 16, 2007 the judge realized that it was a 6 yr. old warrant and put time served 1 day and passed him onto Ashtabula County Ohio jail to come pick him up. Well, Ashtabula came to pick my husband up on Feb. 16, 2007 and we went to court and this is for the same charge of passing bad checks on his own account and all was paid back 6 years ago. Well, that judge made him go to trial March 21, 2007. So, he sat down in that jail for 35 days for a 6 year old warrant that was all paid back and so forth. Well, then Trumbull County Ohio was to pick him up from Ashtabula County and they did that, well, we went to court for this one. The charge for his Trumbull County was a warrant issued in, I believe 00-02, but the charge was forgery in 1997 on his dad's or mom's account. I believe. Well, it turned out to be a probation violation and that was why the warrant was issued any time between 00-early 02. Well, the judge is a huge stickler at this court he was to go to. I mean posting maximum bonds on speeding tickets! Lol. Anyway, the judge ordered my husband 220 days in the jail for probation violation on a charge over 6 years ago and the reason my husband couldn't go to probation because he was in jail and prison. He had no idea that he was even on probation in that town and not only that every time he went to jail and prison and they ran his name it came back clean with no warrants so the jails/prisons released him telling him he has no warrants, so this is all new to us! Especially me. I am 8 months pregnant with his child so it makes it even harder. I know the Secret Services/US Marshals want him. So, my question is: Is there any way that we can petition his 220 days in jail for something over 6 years ago of an old probation violation or how abouts can the FEDS drop that charge and take over the case that is more serious at this point? I don't know what to do or where to turn for help, so maybe someone can give me some insight of what I can maybe do to get him back into court or get the feds to come and get him and let him spend the 220 days with the feds so it will count as time served for Trumbull County Jail and also for his FED time.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, sorry for all the confusion.

Tamitha
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Hello Tamitha:

You're asking for impossible stuff. One county doesn't care that another county just slammed your guy. The feds don't care. Nobody cares. The only way you're going to clean this mess up is with the help of a lawyer. I gather you don't have the money to hire one. Plus, I don't think it will do any good anyway, because he's just going to have to clean these things up, county by county, charge by charge. Each one of those jurisdiction will happily wait until the previous one is done with him.

Then, of course, he'll have a hold on him from Utah when he's all done in Ohio, and he'll probably be taken back there.

excon

Mar 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Hey, thanks. I know he'll have a hold from Utah, we both understand that, but since this is something from like 6 or 7 years ago, I mean, seriously! The jurisdication of counties. Well, he thought everything was all cleaned up since prison let him out and told him he was all clean and no warrants popped up for him. He was pulled over in Nov. of 06 and they told him he had a warrant and he said okay let's go and the cops said, "NO, we don't have enought man power." Freaking stupid!! The law is dumb sometimes on certain issues!! Lol.. Thanks..

Tamitha

Mar 29, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Oh, well I know the FEDS want him badly because we both got into trouble just Feb. 23, 07 so this charge is freshly new with the FEDS... So, we're hoping that they will override it all! It's dumb!! I'm so stressed!! Thanks thought for all the insight!

Tamitha
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 10:44 AM
    NO sorry warrants never expire, 10 days or 10 years or 20 years, and most likely his criminal history did not help with the judges choice.

But no, the Feds will merely put a hold on him, ( most likely) so the day he is to be released they will pick him up.
    His attorney can try and work out a deal to be turned over to the feds, but if the feds want to have him appear in court or want to question him, if they know where he is, they will come and just talk to him there.
    He he were to make a plea agreement with them and plead guilty, perhaps he can combine the time, but it is up to the judge, they could still make the time run one after the other. Serving two sentences at the same time is up to the judges agreement only

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Violation of probation [ 5 Answers ]

I failed my urin test for the 2nd time. Is it natural that they ask for jail time? They want to give me 60 days or 30 in work release. It just seems that it would be after 3 when you get jail time? Is there anything I can do to avoid jail time?

Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

My 24 year old daughter was recently on the receiving end of domestic violence. There is no legal attachment between her and the violating party. He was currently on probation for a previous criminal act, for which he did some prison time. Last night they picked him up for the probation violation...

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

A relative is on three years probation on a felony conviction of forging a drug prescription in California. He was pulled over for a minor traffic violation, and because of his probation the vehicle he was driving, which is mine, was searched. An empty hypodermic needle was found under the back...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

View more questions Search