Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 02:24 PM
    How can you know if you're meant to be with someone?
    Is it possible to know? Just wondering..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2013, 02:29 PM
    No such thing. Sorry to burst your bubble. Hopefully this will be a relief.

Relationships can start with eyes locking across a crowded room, but after the romance period is over, love is all work.

(Just remembered - you are still a teen. Just have fun and don't worry yet about 'meant to be,' a saying which unfortunately is the downfall of many relationships.)
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    No such thing. Sorry to burst your bubble. Hopefully this will be a relief.

Relationships can start with eyes locking across a crowded room, but after the romance period is over, love is all work.

(Just remembered - you are still a teen. Just have fun and don't worry yet about 'meant to be,' a saying which unfortunately is the downfall of many relationships.)
    Are you married?
    brystef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 02:36 PM
    Never question it . Just look at it this way , people are always trying to figure out a relationship and its clearly simple. Don't over think it just enjoy everyday - one day at a time. Don't waste time worried if its going to work or not, let that come with time. If you are happy and the other is happy than enjoy the ride but also be patient and understanding with each other. Im sure by the way you asked that question it because of past relationships but never let those get in the way.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2013, 03:04 PM
    I've been through various intimate relationships from teen romance all the way to marriage for most of the last 66 years.
    Some people are very, very good with each other and for each other. There is just no 'meant for each other.' That is a crutch. Oh - and it's often one sided. One of the two people usually doesn't quite feel it as intensely as the other, or loses the idea sooner.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2013, 03:52 PM
    It's easier to tell you what the signs are of a disastrous relationship. If you can't trust his intentions and feelings and are constantly testing him, bad sign. If you feel self conscious or like you aren't good enough for him, bad sign. If you need his approval, sneak around, blow off responsibilities or friends or fAmily for him, bad sign. If you are doing what you should, living a balanced life, don't need to check in with him all the time, are honest about the relationship with other people and are just having fun without trying to be in an all consuming relationship, that's probably a good one. As a teenager, you should have time for friends, family, schoolwork, work or activities and so on without him, and see him when you can around those things. It should be light and fun.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 04:08 PM
    How can you know if you're meant to be with someone?
    You don't know, you have to take your chances.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 06:44 PM
    I don't think you would know that you were meant to be together, right off the bat. After a very long time of a loving relationship (I've been married 37 years), it is impossible to think that we weren't meant to be together.

Maybe when you find that special someone, and enough time passes that you couldn't possibly imagine your life without them in it, you will be know then.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 03:26 AM
    People have to work on a relationship, they have to make a hard effort, any, and I mean any relationship will fail, if both people do not make a large and hard effort, all of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it meant to be? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with my guy on and off for 1yr and 6mths. He has been in and out of the hospital countless of times, and also in and out of jail. I have been by his side every step of the way. He tells me that he loves me and yet he continues to cheat. When I asked him why he said...

What am I meant to do? [ 6 Answers ]

hey, my x and I have been broken up for about 7 months now (she broke up with me) and its been kind of confusing. Since then we have been on and off. Her saying she loves and so on. But can't be back together. To fill you in on some details a few of her friends have died this past year. I...

Meant to be? [ 1 Answers ]

I really like this guy that goes to a diff. school. He told my best friend he liked me, but wanted to get to know me better before he asked me out. But we never talk. Sometime in October he told her that he would ask me out if we went to the same school! He says I'm really "hott" and stuff, but I...

What is meant by [ 1 Answers ]

What is meant by “elements of a crime”

He's been meant to me [ 3 Answers ]

I need all the advice I can get. This guy I'm going to call nick is driving me insane. I love him and he doesn't even like me. He knows how I feel and doesn't seem to care. I have tried to talk to him about it but he has seemed kind of distant lately. So I don't know what to do. He is also being a...

View more questions Search